What's new

The Uptime Contest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
far from being one of the highest here, but considering how buggy it was in the past, having a 31 day uptime is satisfying, to say the least.

still using 386.2, don't see a need to update as yet

Attachments

• ax56u-1.png
    ax56u-1.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 123
I had to give my router a restart the other day due to issues getting a DHCP address renewal from my ISP, so wiped out my accumulated uptime. Sigh.

I had to give my router a restart the other day due to issues getting a DHCP address renewal from my ISP, so wiped out my accumulated uptime. Sigh.
I lost my 22 days of uptime to a brief power failure. I'm climbing the ladder again...

I lost my 22 days of uptime to a brief power failure. I'm climbing the ladder again...
No UPS? C'mon man... get your head in the game.

Last time we had a power outage my daughter was in an on-line class session but never lost connectivity. I wondered how as they are usually connected to the AP on our 2nd floor which is not connected to a UPS. Somehow she managed to latch onto the main router's SSID in the basement that was plugged into the UPS along with the Rogers Modem etc... so all that critical gear was still working and providing wi-fi.

I had in one location Asus RT-N16U with tomato132 by @Shibby operation w/o any reboot/ power lost etc. for more than 5years :). If I knew it is something that people are interesting with I would make screenshot before moving to different place few months ago :(

Current ambient temp is 27C. Getting ready for a quarterly restart.
Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 7.00.39 PM.png

Running year old firmware. :p

Seems we may have a bit of time until the next major release... so start racking up those UPTIMES kids!

Seems we may have a bit of time until the next major release... so start racking up those UPTIMES kids!
I'm there! Starting off with an impressive 2 days and 12 hours :rolleyes:

See you at the next GPL checkered flag!

I'm there! Starting off with an impressive 2 days and 12 hours :rolleyes:

See you at the next GPL checkered flag!
Awww yeah... got the jump on you this time my friend.

KiTHHOH.png

Awww yeah... got the jump on you this time my friend.

KiTHHOH.png
Excellent! While it looks grim at this point, one never knows when the electrical grid gods will intervene to shuffle the deck :D

Mine is only I day at most since I reboot my router every night for security measure (if the router is hacked with non persistent bug, then a reboot will remove the hacker access).

If the router is hacked, only a full reset to factory defaults has a chance of removing access to the hacker.

Your security measure here is not only ineffective, but it is also putting needless strain on the router components too.

So my UPS battery just crapped out on me... got a replacement on the way. It's been over three years so it was due. Hopefully no power blips in the meantime... gotta keep that uptime going!

So my UPS battery just crapped out on me... got a replacement on the way. It's been over three years so it was due. Hopefully no power blips in the meantime... gotta keep that uptime going!
Godspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.