What's new

The Uptime Contest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, the news is not good. UPS barfed while waiting for the replacement battery causing gear to reboot. Sigh... oh well.

Sadly, the news is not good. UPS barfed while waiting for the replacement battery causing gear to reboot. Sigh... oh well.
Argh! Do not lose hope... any one of of us could experience an unexpected power event or other calamity at any time. Your router has merely lost a lap or two in the race, but the race continues!
flag.jpg

Well, new UPS battery arrived this afternoon (of course, after the incident earlier in the day) so it's now in and I was able to hot-swap it without taking another hit on the gear.

Start the clock!

GrY4WAE.png

This slowest of slow times is paying uptime dividends :)
Uptime.jpg

My APs just crossed the 30-day threshold. The Router... still working on it.

fiTxUEl.png

EDIT: And a power outage last night due to a massive storm... so my APs all recycled but the main router was on the UPS, so it still chugged along.

Last edited:
Router finally crossed the 30-day mark... let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

HcGfK45.png

Damn UPS failure....

There is always the option to cheat! I can't really take down the WiFi when anyone is home and online, but I have the option to set my phone us as a hotspot with the same details - so no one notices!

My longest uptime was probably my old N66U, was around 1 year. Had to reboot after a f/w update.

Firmware uptime.png

1632731616089.png

Sounds like we need a support group... we're falling apart without any updates.

Namaste my friends... embrace the uptime and let it provide solace and calm.

Sounds like we need a support group... we're falling apart without any updates.

Namaste my friends... embrace the uptime and let it provide solace and calm.
Be calm, and enjoy watching the Blue Jays in the playoffs. Oh wait…

Who am I to talk? Yanks were eliminated last night.

No need for a support group when still on the official RMerlin release version. :)

At least, not when an Alpha 1 is available and has proven itself stable for 57 days so far. ;)

And at least an Alpha 2/Beta 1 'coming soon'.

Damn it's so depressing, my router is just "working", all the time it "works", uptime into months, only reboot it for fw updates.

Even my google mini's are not disconnecting, none of the kids are complaining about things not working.

The most exciting thing that's happened was bookfaces recent outtage. That I can't fix.

Still I did get to fix my nephews twitch streaming lag issue last night, he was using hardware nvenc on a weak gfx card, switched it to cpu and boom, no more lag.

Where's the fun. I might take the AX86U back and get a netgear or linksys.

Was cleaning out a "storage pile" in the basement the other day and found my old Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight... ahhh the memories. Good times. Should fire it up and re-live the glory days.

Was cleaning out a "storage pile" in the basement the other day and found my old Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight... ahhh the memories. Good times. Should fire it up and re-live the glory days.
I had one of those, and loved it for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.