What's new

Thecus n4100pro setup tutorial?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

need3d

New Around Here
I bought the n4100pro based on the reviews here at SNB, but man I've had a really hard time with it.

I've already rebuilt the RAID-5 array twice, and I'm still having having issues with ACL, folders suddenly locking folders out of "admin" users.

If anyone can point me to a comprehensive tutorial on how to setup the NAS that would be awesome.

one quick problem, I have a folder share setup, with AFP and SMB enabled.

However accessing the volume through SMB only show an incomplete folder list, while accessing the volume through AFP shows everything.

On my Macs I can live with AFP, however on my windows boxes, SMB is screwing things up. I've confirmed SMB on the mac also shows the partial list.

It is the same user account access the volume over both protocols.

Any ideas? I've been pulling my hair out for over a month.

Thanks,
totally lost

I did read through the manual, and I've installed the v3 firmware, but it's still giving me strange problems.

Any other tips available? I'm almost ready to give up just to build a custom ubuntu samba server instead.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!