What's new

Thoughts about getting a Google Nest Hub

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiacomoCastillo

New Around Here
I’m a new fan of smart homes! What are your thoughts on getting a Google Nest Hub? Are there better alternatives to this device? Any idea on where I can get them at a steal price? Thanks in advance.

Is it the correct device? That depends on your goals and requirements for features, privacy, price point, integrations, and overall expectations.

I’m a new fan of smart homes! What are your thoughts on getting a Google Nest Hub? Are there better alternatives to this device? Any idea on where I can get them at a steal price? Thanks in advance.

Do it, they're pretty cool. Personally I dont have the one with the screen, but we have Medium Google speaker in the living room, I have two nest minis in the bedroom synched together for stereo music while lying on the bed. The kids both have a mini in their rooms. The things it can do are endless. We use ours for asking questions while watching quiz shows, playing music through you tube premium and spotify accounts. Great also for changing the philips hue lights, turning fans on and off.

Wouldn't worry about the data collection, I don't really care if google know what music I like or when I turn the lights on. They only listen in when you say the key word anyway. I am not special or of enough interest for google to care what I do.

Deal wise I don't know which country you live in, I used deal sites, price comparison and other offers to get mine. You missed black Friday, but they are still cheap for what they do.

Depends on what devices you plan to integrate with it. Certain devices are more compatible with google, some more with amazon. You have to do some deep research though. What i would do is when you find the smart home devices you want to integrate with it, look at how many voice commands there are for each platform.

for example I have an airthings wave plus device in my home. amazon only supports it telling me the temperature and radon levels. The google hub will tell me all data it displays. co2, voc's, etc...

and for example, my amazon echo has a zigbee hub built in so I can hook up all types of zigbee devices to it mostly lights, without having to hook them up to my wireless. Google would need a separate hub for that.

If was to suggest one, I would say unless you have amazon prime, amazon music, or alot of other amazon devices, go for the google hub since it has better ai and more detailed functions.

If music is mainly your thing, go for amazon since they have better sound especially the new lineup.

Simply put, amazon has way more smart home devices integrated with it, but the devices compatible with google are usually better integrated and can do alot more.

I'm a Google nerd in general going back to the Nexus phones and pixels. Go for it, they are all well integrated and have awesome performance and easy integration. I have Pixel phones, Nest Thermostat, Nest mini speakers and New Nest audios, and quality Chromebooks.

'quality Chromebooks'. :D

'quality Chromebooks'. :D
New tigerlake processors, with AXwifi fly man...I aint doing graphic work or gaming on them "I do use them with Xcloud!! Which is amazing!" I want instant 4k streaming, lightning fast internet, and maximize my gig network!

I got the new Tigerlake Acer 713, the new tigerlake HP 14c, and hoping the new pixel chromebook hits this fall.

Too much money (way too much) for the hardware (RAM and storage) offered. Not to mention how they're effectively good for (only) a few years until they're not offered the latest OS.

But, to each their own!

Too much money (way too much) for the hardware (RAM and storage) offered. Not to mention how they're effectively good for (only) a few years until they're not offered the latest OS.

But, to each their own!
8 years coverage now for updates and security. Ease of use and don't need to mettle with operating systems, that come with head aches. I used to be hardcore gaming rigs, windows, etc. Just over it for now. I can survive with my Series X systems and X cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!