What's new

Time to replace SB8200 - Comcast??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I guess I'm keeping the S33. As of this morning speed is rock solid at 1G+. This is spdMerlin from the router.

1672752620796.png

Unless you needed the additional speed, I would have put the 8200 back to work. I hate forced obsolescence and playing their upgrade game only makes the game worse.

I'm still on the sb6190 and actually downgraded my service when they wanted to increase the price on my 'free' upgrade to 800Mbs. I need upload more than download so didn't do squat for my use-case and my costs have stayed the same without any new investments.

Unless you needed the additional speed, I would have put the 8200 back to work. I hate forced obsolescence and playing their upgrade game only makes the game worse.

I'm still on the sb6190 and actually downgraded my service when they wanted to increase the price on my 'free' upgrade to 800Mbs. I need upload more than download so didn't do squat for my use-case and my costs have stayed the same without any new investments.
Yea...Not gonna work for me. I have 6 people in the house. 2 work from home, 3 are heavy gamers, and everyone streams (Netflix, Disney, Prime, Apple, etc..) The S33 was only $160 and has been a rock-start so far.

1673706689090.png

Yea...Not gonna work for me. I have 6 people in the house. 2 work from home, 3 are heavy gamers, and everyone streams (Netflix, Disney, Prime, Apple, etc..) The S33 was only $160 and has been a rock-start so far.

View attachment 47170
And as you mentioned it made no difference so my bet is the 8200 would be exactly the same and save you the $160 until you really do need to upgrade.

And the modem has less bearing on the Internet load than the router--I manage 4 different sites with a variety of modems (6 different isp connections) and the router and isp's line condition is more important than the modem ever is.