What's new

Timeout while connecting to SSH on the router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Igor

Regular Contributor
Help to understand, please.

On RT-AX68U fw Merlin 386.4. Two certificate are registered in nvram for SSH access. A server with Home Assistant is connected to the router, which often polls the router, including via SSH. If I reboot the router, then for some time SSH on the router is not available to this server due to a timeout. It could be 20 minutes or several hours. It may not connect at all. At the same time, there are no explicit messages in the router log that access via SSH is blocked. Where to look to find the cause? There may be a limit on the number of concurrent SSH connections. How and where can the limit be changed?

I see that the problem-free key in nvram is written like this:
"sshd_authkeys=ssh-rsa
AAA ... beM=garry@ubuntu"
Problematic like this:
"ssh-rsa
AAA ... G20=garry@MyHomeAssistant" The problematic one doesn't have "sshd_authkeys="

sshd_authkeys is the nvram variable itself. It shouldn't be part of the data within that same variable. Not sure how you did it, but get rid of that sshd_authkeys= part of the key.

Last edited:
I am trying to remove. But I can't.

I am trying to remove. But I can't.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!