What's new

TL-PA9020P KIT | Has anyone been able to enhance the performance on this unit??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

b1ggjoe

Regular Contributor
Hi Everyone,

I recently began using these units. For some reason, even though it's November 2020, the latest firmware on the TP-Link website for "Hardware Version 3" of this unit is dated for 06/2018.

There are QoS settings available for this unit with no explanation whatsoever in the documentation.

Has anyone been able to tweak or modify this unit to enhance its performance? Either a certain combination of settings or open-source firmware?

I've been looking, but haven't found anything out there as far as custom firmware for this device.

Thanks!

Basically plug them in, and they just work...

Don't believe the advertised numbers - AV1200 is good for about 150 Mbps on HPAV2 on the same circuit...

sfx

Thanks @sfx2000!

Definitely know what you mean regarding advertised speeds vs reality.

For these AV2000s, I'm not getting more than 125mbit internet downstream with a 1GB Fiber link.

Powerline speeds fluctuate between 380-480 sadly.

I read in one of your previous posts the tip regarding connecting directly to the AV2000 in order to properly set and enable the QoS settings.

I have all of mine set to Audio/Video.

Are you aware of any custom patches or custom firmware for these powerline adapters?

BJ

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!