What's new

TP-Link Announces Deco M4 - Mesh Wi-Fi for the Budget Minded

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
tplink-decom4-mesh.jpg
TP-Link’s new dual-band Deco M4 is a 3-node Wi-Fi system targeting customers looking for full home coverage, up to 5,500 sq. ft – per TP-Link, at an affordable price.

Priced at $179.99, Deco M4 is a Qualcomm-powered AC1200 wireless system using two internal antennas per Deco unit that run at maximum link rates of 300 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps @ 5 GHz.

Each Deco unit also includes two GbE ports which support Router/AP modes and an optional Ethernet Backhaul function. Being a mesh network product, the Deco M4 Wi-Fi system supports both seamless roaming (IEEE 802.11k/v/r) and self-healing operations.

Other features include compatibility with Amazon Alexa and IFTTT, adaptive path selection (APS), AP steering, band steering and beamforming. Deco M4 also uses TP-Link’s Deco app, for iOS and Android, to set up the wireless network, as well as for adjusting parental controls.

The TP-Link M4 3-pack Wi-Fi system is available now on Amazon and priced at $179.99.

TP-Link’s new dual-band Deco M4 is a 3-node Wi-Fi system targeting customers looking for full home coverage, up to 5,500 sq. ft – per TP-Link, at an affordable price.

Priced at $179.99, Deco M4 is a Qualcomm-powered AC1200 wireless system using two internal antennas per Deco unit that run at maximum link rates of 300 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps @ 5 GHz.

Each Deco unit also includes two GbE ports which support Router/AP modes and an optional Ethernet Backhaul function. Being a mesh network product, the Deco M4 Wi-Fi system supports both seamless roaming (IEEE 802.11k/v/r) and self-healing operations.

Other features include compatibility with Amazon Alexa and IFTTT, adaptive path selection (APS), AP steering, band steering and beamforming. Deco M4 also uses TP-Link’s Deco app, for iOS and Android, to set up the wireless network, as well as for adjusting parental controls.

The TP-Link M4 3-pack Wi-Fi system is available now on Amazon and priced at $179.99.

Weird, TP-Link has the Deco M4 listed as a 2-pack https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/deco/deco-m4

They have a separate page for the Deco M4(3-pack)

Each individual node is a Deco M4R: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_Deco_M4R

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm doing some construction and have run some ethernet to standard 3 1/2" round ceiling boxes that I planned to mount AP's to but now I'm confused as many if not all of these seem to only work if you are using business ceiling tile or have the wire coming out of a visible hole.
Can anyone confirm whether or not any of these actually do screw into these ceiling boxes and take the cable from above? TP-Link doesn't seem to for sure but Ubiquity seems like maybe it does in some pictures but not in others.

I'm doing some construction and have run some ethernet to standard 3 1/2" round ceiling boxes that I planned to mount AP's to but now I'm confused as many if not all of these seem to only work if you are using business ceiling tile or have the wire coming out of a visible hole.
Can anyone confirm whether or not any of these actually do screw into these ceiling boxes and take the cable from above? TP-Link doesn't seem to for sure but Ubiquity seems like maybe it does in some pictures but not in others.
The TP-Link M4R definitely does not.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!