What's new

TP-Link Debuts Two Node Mesh Wi-Fi System for $99

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
W2400 2 Pack 2.jpg
TP-Link announced its budget-friendly Deco W2400 dual-band Wi-Fi system - a $99 AC1200 two-node mesh kit that can be purchased exclusively in-store at Walmart or on Walmart.com.

The product looks like a re-branded bundle of the three node Deco M4, announced last month, with per-node pricing reduced to $50 from $60.

TP-Link says the Deco W2400 kit covers up 3,000 sq. ft., connecting up to 100 devices. Additional nodes can also be added for expanded coverage.

Through Walmart, TP-Link is able to introduce mesh networking features, such as seamless roaming, adaptive path selection and self-healing, to a broader audience that would usually not consider mesh networking as a cost-effective home solution.

Other Deco W2400 features include user profiles, parental controls (set time limits and content filtering), access point mode, web-usage reporting, Deco App for setup and management, and compatibility with Alexa and IFTTT.

The 2-node TP-Link Deco W2400 Dual Band Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System is available now at Walmart.

So is it official? Are these paired or mesh routers better than the single routers? I recently bought a TP-Link AC-1900 (A9) but this Deco W2400 appears to possibly be a better performer. The only spec that is different is the AC1900 vs AC1200 but frankly that may not be an issue since my main focus is video watching, web surfing and all but one of my ‘clients’ are connected through WiFi. Any thoughts? I can still return the router I purchased.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!