What's new

Traffic Logs to analyze

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xclaimer

New Around Here
Im trying to use the Log to USB function under Tools : Traffic analyzer

screencap of what i've setup is below : USB 2 works and reads fine under Asus

I have RT-AC86U with 384.17 on a mesh .. but somehow i can't see the logs or the file being generated via putty or winscp ??

I also rebooted the router couple of times!

any ideas ?

1598832316236.png

The log file you are trying to create is for the Traffic Monitor not the Traffic Analyzer.

ok gotcha : the main Option on the Left is 'Traffic Analyzer', then the 2 sub-tabs are 'Traffic Monitor' and 'Statistic' therefore my confusion. Sorry my bad.
OK , then how do I enable the Traffic Monitor Logs or history ? I'm not seeing any files in the USB folder that i setup ? any ideas ?

You set "Create or reset data files" to Yes as you have in your screen shot. Then you click the Apply button. It should then create the file on the USB drive (called tomato_rstats_??????????.gz) and change "Create or reset data files" back to No.

That said, there are numerous posts in these forums from people who cannot get this to work. No solution was found for them.

You set "Create or reset data files" to Yes as you have in your screen shot. Then you click the Apply button. It should then create the file on the USB drive (called tomato_rstats_??????????.gz) and change "Create or reset data files" back to No.

That said, there are numerous posts in these forums from people who cannot get this to work. No solution was found for them.

ok so i tried that as well and no bueno - is there an alternative - can i get the gzip from RAM or NVRAM ?

can i get the gzip from RAM or NVRAM ?
You could probably extract it from NVRAM. But why would you want to, it's not in a human readable format?

Before you can consider that you need to get the Traffic Monitor working. I'm assuming you're not seeing anything other than the real-time data?

Is your RT-AC86U operating in "router mode"? Traffic monitor doesn't work in AP mode.

Couple ideas. First, since /mnt is really a symlink to /tmp/mnt, try /tmp/mnt/(path). I always start with the true path. Shouldn't matter, but...
Second - your mount point is 'New_Volume', check your /tmp/mnt location for New_Volume, New_Volume(1), New_Volume(2), etc... If you don't have a label on your ext file system then the auto mount process will create new mount points each reboot, and the path you have configured will be invalid since its just an empty directory.

Before you can consider that you need to get the Traffic Monitor working. I'm assuming you're not seeing anything other than the real-time data?

i see data under "Real Time", "Last 24 hrs" and "Daily" but Monthly shows nothing : says "no data in table"
Also on Daily graph i can only see current day - I cannot scroll to previous days.

1598992624422.png

i see data under "Real Time", "Last 24 hrs" and "Daily" but Monthly shows nothing : says "no data in table"
Also on Daily graph i can only see current day - I cannot scroll to previous days.
Well that's encouraging. At least it's collecting data even if it's not writing it to the file. Have you tried saving it to NVRAM instead of USB?

my two cents on this. i had issues before with these stats and actually @ColinTaylor helped me. maybe this can be useful for you?

Last edited: