What's new

Traffic Statistics

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
My traffic statistics seem to have stopped working (see screenshot). I also have a feeling that the list of websites had dates/times against them until a day or so ago but if so, it doesn't now. Am I right about that and if so, is it related to the problem of zero traffic showing on the graph?

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 347
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 326
My traffic statistics seem to have stopped working (see screenshot). I also have a feeling that the list of websites had dates/times against them until a day or so ago but if so, it doesn't now. Am I right about that and if so, is it related to the problem of zero traffic showing on the graph?

Given that two databases seem to be affected, I would suspect that there is possibly a problem with the router processes

Check if they are enabled....and you haven't enabled Dual-WAN
Code:
nvram get TM_EULA
nvram get bwdpi_db_enable
nvram get bwdpi_wh_enable
However, you should also check if both databases are being physically touched/updated
Code:
ls -lah /jffs/.sys -R

or you may list the two databases explicitly

ls -lah /jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer
ls -lah /jffs/.sys/WebHistory
or you may find that they are now too large

e.g. Trim TrafficAnalyzer database size

Last edited:
Given that two databases seem to be affected, I would suspect that there is possibly a problem with the router processes

Check if they are enabled....and you haven't enabled Dual-WAN
Code:
nvram get TM_EULA
nvram get bwdpi_db_enable
nvram get bwdpi_wh_enable
However, you should also check if both databases are being physically touched/updated
Code:
ls -lah /jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer
ls -lah /jffs/.sys/WebHistory
or you may find that they are now too large

e.g. Trim TrafficAnalyzer database size
Thanks for the ideas to try. However, it's been quite a while since I did anything slightly advanced with my router. Do I just log in with xShell and then type in the commands you have indicated at the prompt?

Not sure if I have done this right, but I have put the above commands in WinSCP and got the results shown in the screenshot.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 340
I've also added an additional command about the size.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 250
I've also added an additional command about the size.

Err post #4 already shows the database sizeso_Oo_O

Anyway it would appear something has been written to TrafficAnayzer.db today but WebHistory.db hasn't been written to for several days?

Perhaps it might be prudent to copy/archive/rename the databases then reboot, and hopefully they will be recreated.

NOTE: You don't state which router/firmware you are using?

I did a dirty RT-AC68U upgrade to v384.11Beta2, and my databases are both being populated

Code:
/jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer:

drw-rw-rw-    2 admin    root           0 May  3 16:00 .
drwxrwxrwx    7 admin    root           0 May  5  2018 ..
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root       22.6M May  3 16:00 TrafficAnalyzer.db

/jffs/.sys/WebHistory:

drw-rw-rw-    2 admin    root           0 May  3 16:03 .
drwxrwxrwx    7 admin    root           0 May  5  2018 ..
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root        1.6M May  3 16:03 WebHistory.db

I'm using an RT-AC86U with the latest stable release of Merlin's firmware.

The traffic graph started working again within the least hour, but I've added a flash drive and set that to be the location for the traffic data as I thought that might take some strain off the internal memory. I'll see what happens over the next few hours.

I'm using an RT-AC86U with the latest stable release of Merlin's firmware.

The traffic graph started working again within the least hour, but I've added a flash drive and set that to be the location for the traffic data as I thought that might take some strain off the internal memory.

Err, just checked on both my RT-AC68U and RT-AC86U and there is no option to move the Traffic Analyzer/Web History/AI Protection databases from '/jffs/.sys'

Please enlighten us....unless you don't understand the difference between Traffic Monitoring -> Traffic history location

Err, just checked on both my RT-AC68U and RT-AC86U and there is no option to move the Traffic Analyzer/Web History/AI Protection databases from '/jffs/.sys'

Please enlighten us....unless you don't understand the difference between Traffic Monitoring -> Traffic history location
Oh, I guess it's my lack of understanding, so sorry for the confusion. By the way, QoS - Web History is not showing any entries, but the Traffic Analyser - Statistic has started working again.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 248
I got really frustrated with this last night; so much so that I considered changing back to my previous router. Apart from the issues already noted, I found I couldn't get one of my USB flash drives to work, even by swapping from the Kingston device to a Sandisk flash drive. Then, some time later, I rebooted the router and the flash drive that hadn't been working, started working, but the other one stopped working! Eventually, after much messing around, I ended up in a situation where neither USB device was recognised. So I decided as a last attempt, to try the stock firmware. To my surprise, everything started working again, including the two flash drives and all without having to reset anything. So for now, I'm going to stick with the ASUS firmware while I consider my options. Incidentally, in case you are wondering, this is the procedure I followed when installing the Merlin Firmware: 1) Updated firmware; 2) Performed a factory reset, including initialising all the settings; 3) Set-up router from scratch.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 229
The below shows the settings I use and it's been working perfectly for months. I'm using the USB 2.0 port with a Sandisk stubby by the way.

2019-05-04 09_50_44-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Daily.jpg

Attachments

• 2019-05-04 09_46_45-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Other Settings.jpg
    2019-05-04 09_46_45-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Other Settings.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 447

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!