What's new

Translite MoCA 2.5 adapters need reboot every few days...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi

For DOCSIS3.1 cable modem, the settings have to be changed (pg.10 of the quickstart guide) on each of the MoCA adapters so that there is no interference. Also, the LOF has to be the same (1400) on both the MoCa adapters.

You will have to make sure that you disconnect each of the MoCA adapters from the network and login to make changes for DOCSIS3.1 on each MoCA adapter. Then, reboot the gateway and connect the MoCA adapters back to the network.

@TRANSLITE GLOBAL

From what the OP could see, there was no frequency band conflict between the MOCA 2.5 bands and what his modem was using. Is there something else going on due to the modem being certified compatible with DOCCIS 3.1, 3.0 and MOCA as well ?

Sorry folks for the slow updates. Unfortunately the MoCA network is actually pretty important for my connection upstairs I use for work so I haven't had a chance yet to disconnect and isolate it. I undid the changes I made from pg10 of the Translite PDF as I didn't see any logical reasoning for keeping them in addition to the desyncing that happened shortly after.

Seeing as I have it working since I reset it back to 1150 LOF on both adapters, I'll leave it for now and observe when/if it desyncs again. Good to see there's someone from @TRANSLITE GLOBAL here though! In saying that, @TRANSLITE GLOBAL, is there any way to pull logs off the adapters to try and root cause directly?

Hi

For DOCSIS3.1 cable modem, the settings have to be changed (pg.10 of the quickstart guide) on each of the MoCA adapters so that there is no interference. Also, the LOF has to be the same (1400) on both the MoCa adapters.

You will have to make sure that you disconnect each of the MoCA adapters from the network and login to make changes for DOCSIS3.1 on each MoCA adapter. Then, reboot the gateway and connect the MoCA adapters back to the network.
Can you provide specific instructions on how to program these adapters to safely operate 4 bonded MoCA 2.x channels above the DOCSIS 3.1 “Initial Rollout” frequency max of 1218 MHz … from 1275-1675 MHz … per the MoCA specifications, to allow maximum throughput while coexisting with the D3.1 signals? (Or is D-High operation all you support?)

And can you provide a reference to anyone who markets a MoCA filter with a DOCSIS 3.1 “Initial Rollout” pass-band (5-1218 MHz), that will enable this custom operation without sending the MoCA signals back out onto the ISP coax?

——
Related; see: DOCSIS encroachment on MoCA frequency range

Last edited:
Hi

Also, to be clear, the MoCA operating frequency would only need to be altered once one’s ISP actually begins to employ DOCSIS 3.1 frequencies above 1002 MHz, in the “Initial Rollout” range up through 1218 MHz. Short of that, and a user just has a D3.1 modem or gateway sans D3.1 signals above 1002 MHz, the simple workaround is just to do what’s been suggested a couple times up/thread: install a “PoE” MoCA filter directly on the cable modem/gateway’s coax port, to protect the MoCA-sensitive device from MoCA signals. (The “PoE” MoCA filter would already have been impeding any actual D3.1 signals above 1002 MHz at the cable point-of-entry.)

Just remember the MoCA filter(s) down-the-road when you’ve upgraded your cable Internet service and you’re getting ready to call the ISP to complain that you’re not hitting your subscribed 10 Gbps download rates!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!