1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

TRENDnet Powerline 1200 AV2 Adapter Kit (TPL-420E2K) Reviewed / Retested

Discussion in 'LAN & WAN Article Discussions' started by thiggins, May 29, 2015.

1. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

I've been getting pinged about this via email, so am posting so everyone has the same info.

TRENDnet cancelled all shipments months ago and nothing has been shipped to any partners since. The original shipped quantity shipped was a very small quantity. All partners were clearly informed of the problem and are aware of it.

New TPL-420E2K units are scheduled to arrive at TRENDNet's warehouse late next week (June 4-6). Amazon is showing June 1 availability, but that could be old information, since the initial delivery date slipped.

The fix required a hardware change in the power supply that improves long range throughput, making it "50 to 100% higher" in TRENDnet's tests. Throughput is very dependent on the electrical environment, so this improvement is not guaranteed.

Since the initial quantity shipped was very small, TRENDnet will probably not launch a formal return program. Anyone who purchased an Rev 1 design and who wants to swap it for a new one can contact TRENDnet directly.

TRENDNet will send the new version when it's available and it will be retested.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Riekopo and paranoised like this.
  2. Riekopo

Riekopo Regular Contributor

I'm the one who has been emailing Tim about this. I was going to buy this product, but after reading about the problems I decided to hold off and investigate further. I'm looking forward to an updated review. Hopefully it performs even better than before.

3. jabooty

jabooty Occasional Visitor

I'm eagerly looking forward to your new review of the TPL-420E2K. Once the review is out, i will either pick this up or the Netgear PL1200. :)

Riekopo likes this.
  4. jabooty

jabooty Occasional Visitor

Any eta? :D .....got both sitting in amazon checkout :)

5. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

Not yet

6. Riekopo

What's the hold up?

7. stevech

stevech Part of the Furniture

8. Riekopo

Still no update?!

9. thiggins