What's new

Trying to set up new RT-AC86U... SSH issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JaimeZX

Searched, didn't find anything useful.

Just installed Merlin 384.13. Enabled SSH in the GUI. Tried to login via SSG.

The SSH server rejected your password. Try again.

Weird. I am using identical username/password to the GUI. I even copy-and-pasted both from Notepad to be sure they're the same... GUI logs in just fine, SSH rejects me.

I cross-checked all the GUI and SSH settings with my RT-AC3200 that works fine. Ideas??

Only use the first 16 characters if it’s more than that in length.

NAILED IT. Thanks!

NAILED IT. Thanks!
The router only stores 16 characters, so if you think the GUI is accepting the extra characters, it’s not. I understand this is improved a little bit in the next release.

Well. Now I'm in, but after a very short while, I get kicked out with an Error 32/10053. Googles are not terribly helpful here either. I've never had this problem before.

Yeah but it works fine in my other Asus router. ???

Yeah but it works fine in my other Asus router. ???
What’s the disposition of the AC3200? Someone else recently had a problem because old and new routers were online at the same time broadcasting the same SSID. Any chance of interference?

I'm setting up the 86 for my in-laws right now. The 86 is actually connected to the internet through the 3200. 86 is broadcasting a temporary SSID until I get it to their house to do the final config.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!