What's new

TUF-AX5400 ugly web GUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dutchmike64

Occasional Visitor
Just picked up an Asus TUF-AX5400 router and although everything is fine, the web Gui is one of the most ugly ones i have ever seen. In fact it is so ugly that it is hard to use. I would much prefer the normal asus web Gui and if anyone knows how to get that installed i would be eternally grateful.
However i did make a slightly improved version of the web gui with an extension called Stylebot, i have included the file to use for the AX5400. Here are before and after images of the web interface : On the left the hideous Asus one and on the right the modified version that i made. With visible tabs, better colors, as little yellow as possible and no distracting background image.
As it is just a modification of the website that you see in the browser, there is no risk and no modification of the router.

Just install the Stylebot extension, go to "options" and import my JSON file. Do change the address is yours is different, my router is on 192.168.50.1 as you can see in the uploaded Json
You can find the json file here : CLICK

Screenshot 2022-11-30 104600.jpg
Screenshot 2022-11-30 105522.jpg

Last edited:
You are not wrong… Gnuton is planning to switch it to vanilla Asus for his Merlin 388.

What’s your up time? I downgraded to 386 because of memory leak concerns. Some folks using 388 reported crashes after 10-12 days.

You are not wrong… Gnuton is planning to switch it to vanilla Asus for his Merlin 388.
What’s your up time? I downgraded to 386 because of memory leak concerns. Some folks using 388 reported crashes after 10-12 days.

Great. i installed the latest 388 beta but that still has the TUF Gui. No experience yet with the uptime as i just had the router since a few days and have been tinkering around :)
Apart from the horrible GUI, everything else seems ok

The ASUS gui in general is pretty dreadful, the Tuf is even worse. I've been a long time campaigner for a better layout. If I was smart enough I would write an addon, unfortunately i'm too thick.

Nice work on what you have achieved there anyway.

Updates some more and the new json file for download : CLICK

I would love to dive deeper in changing the interface, but when Gnuton will put the standard GUI in the 388 it will be much better.
Below the new style with select borders, white icons and some more changes :

Screenshot 2022-12-01 092706.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!