What's new

Tweak.nl provider setup: Possible on AC68u or AC88?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eddiez

Would below setup be possible, using config scripts on basic Asus routers?

Setup source webpage: https://blog.tweak.nl/hardware/vlan-configuratie-bij-gebruik-eigen-apparatuur/

Translated:

"We welcome clients who like to use their own equipment. But then you have to make the appropriate VLAN configuration. In addition, you must own equipment can handle include IGMP snooping and static routes. If this is all aba cadabra for you, you might want to use the supplied equipment.

It is important that your router supports all of the features below for the correct VLAN configuration. In addition, you must figure out how you set up everything. We can not afford for any type of device to provide support. The following settings are at your own risk.

The IPTV traffic coming in on VLAN 4. This is especially multicast traffic. For all the 'normal' internet traffic VLAN 34 is used. You must configure 802.1q the WAN uplink port VLAN 34. When all the connections we supply we use DHCP. So you have nothing to do with PPPoE. Set a static external IP does not work and is strongly discouraged.

Your router or modem should do DHCP requests on VLAN 4, but also on VLAN 34. However, there should be no default route should be put on VLAN 4.

TV receivers must be able to communicate with the TV platform. This is not about the normal internet, but VLAN 4. Therefore, traffic on VLAN 4 are Génat. In addition, a static route needs to be put to 185.6.48.0/26 VLAN 4. All communications of any SPARQL Box ends up that way with SPARQL. There must also be ensured that the multicast streams are available in the normal LAN. Most routers have previously an option called IGMP snooping and IGMP proxying. IGMP snooping and proxying to be applied to VLAN 4. This option is necessary because the SPARQL Box should be able to win the multicast streams from VLAN 4. The SPARQL Box must be able to join the multicast group.

• Router should DHCP'en on VLAN 4 (802.1q)
  • Default route should never pass VLAN 4.
  • NAT should be used for traffic on VLAN 4.
  • A static route is to be put to 185.6.48.0/26 the obtained VLAN 4 gateway IP.
  • The SPARQL boxes hanging in the normal LAN.
  • IGMP snooping and proxying to be applied to VLAN 4."

Did u ever get this working?
Im interested since i have the same ISP.

Getting internet working is no problem, but i would prefer the ASUS router to handle the IPTV vlan as well.. .:)

Did u ever get this working?
Im interested since i have the same ISP.

Getting internet working is no problem, but i would prefer the ASUS router to handle the IPTV vlan as well.. .:)
Nope

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!