What's new

Two GT-AX11000Pro How do I connect to ZenWifiXT8s in mesh network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davekstl

Regular Contributor
I have Two GT-XT11000 Pros + 2 ZenWifiXT8 in my network. I just installed the second GT-XT11000 Pro as a Node at the far end of the house. When I installed the ZenwifiXT8s as a Node, One shows as a Repeater and the Second as an Access Point. I have attempted sveral different method to get into the "Repetaer" Node to chnage the configuration, but the Router in controller the set-up. Is the a way through the GUI interface on the computer to enter the Configuration Page of the ZenWifiXT8s? How do I get in? And what is the login? I have Asus discovery software and it appears to get me to the logon page, but I do not know what the login information is. It does not follow the Mian Outer nor the Default Login.
Can anyone help?
BTW. The Garage and House are separate by Cinder Block walls, etc...just the way it was built if you are wondering why all the routers. I have wired all except one. 6,000 sq feet. A lot of dead zones.
Thanks
Dave

I have Two GT-XT11000 Pros + 2 ZenWifiXT8 in my network. I just installed the second GT-XT11000 Pro as a Node at the far end of the house. When I installed the ZenwifiXT8s as a Node, One shows as a Repeater and the Second as an Access Point. I have attempted sveral different method to get into the "Repetaer" Node to chnage the configuration, but the Router in controller the set-up. Is the a way through the GUI interface on the computer to enter the Configuration Page of the ZenWifiXT8s? How do I get in? And what is the login? I have Asus discovery software and it appears to get me to the logon page, but I do not know what the login information is. It does not follow the Mian Outer nor the Default Login.
Can anyone help?
BTW. The Garage and House are separate by Cinder Block walls, etc...just the way it was built if you are wondering why all the routers. I have wired all except one. 6,000 sq feet. A lot of dead zones.
Thanks
Dave

Generally speaking, you install the AiMesh router and add the AiMesh nodes. AiMesh expects you to manage the nodes indirectly through the AiMesh router webUI... there is a node login process but it's restricted to just the few node settings that AiMesh allows you to admin... uses the same login credentials as the AiMesh router. The ASUS Discovery tool is not relevant here, imo.

Some ad-hoc thoughts...

ZEN stuff is more plug and play(?)... this automation may get in the way of adding ZEN nodes to a non-ZEN system(?). If possible, you may have to trick ZEN by keeping one OFF while adding the other as node. I don't really know.

The ZEN units may stay stuck on 3.0.0.4 firmware. This mismatch with 3.0.0.6 Pro firmware may haunt your use of them.

Thinking outside the box, maybe an option will be to install a 2-node AiMesh Pro in Router Mode, and then attach a 2-node AiMesh non-Pro in AP Mode, and then admin each AiMesh separately. I'd plan that out first, layout/WLANs/coverage, before trying it.

You may want to spend some time using the new AiMesh Pro firmware/network first, before planning how to proceed, to become familiar with it and its VLANs. Locating the two Pro routers at the far ends of your layout sounds like a good start... you may not need one or both ZEN units(?)

Regardless, call it a 'new' network and be prepared to forget the old WLAN connection(s) on clients when troubleshooting them.

OE

Last edited:
The repeater is connected. I have a laptop connect to it via an ethernet cable, Wi-Fi is off on the laptop. The Zen is not connected via ethernet to the network, but it is connected I guess via Wi-Fi to the router. The laptop is connected to the internet.
Notice it shows under the Client Listing as a Repeater, but I cannot find a way to open it.
The 2 Pros are running as advertised. (I could take it to a park and reboot it and try resetting it, but I think as soon as I bring it home the Pros will take control.)

2024-06-11_12-49-43.jpg

The repeater is connected. I have a laptop connect to it via an ethernet cable, Wi-Fi is off on the laptop. The Zen is not connected via ethernet to the network, but it is connected I guess via Wi-Fi to the router. The laptop is connected to the internet.
Notice it shows under the Client Listing as a Repeater, but I cannot find a way to open it.
The 2 Pros are running as advertised. (I could take it to a park and reboot it and try resetting it, but I think as soon as I bring it home the Pros will take control.)

View attachment 59366

A wireless node is a repeater.

A wired node is an AP.

I would think. I would not sweat the details if it works as advertised... a wired node is best, if you need a node.

OE

I am learning thanks to you.
I think I may have asked this once before, where in the Ozarks. I live in Bawlin MO

I am learning thanks to you.
I think I may have asked this once before, where in the Ozarks. I live in Bawlin MO

I'm on the NW edge about 4 hours from the Current. If you know what the Ozarks feel like, you can feel it here... could just be me! St. Louis is on the edge, too, in my book. :)

Did you get the new unit in Brentwood... their 10+% sales tax keeps me away from REI and Micro Center there.

OE

Yes I did. Micro. I needed quick. Vacation coming on.
I fish Montauk before Summer and not on weekend

Justified!... opportunity cost.

OE

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!