What's new

Two ISP in same network, and choose whatever you like instantly (AX68u)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok, manually switching off primary wan won't switch to secondary wan

Try unplugging the cable (both for fail over and fail back). If it works reliably, get yourself a couple smart plugs. You can even set up a timed routine to automatically switch over at a certain time and switch back later.

But if it were me I'd be fighting and escalating with the ISP. They are clearly saturating their bandwidth. If it is 600/600 I'm assuming it is fiber which means they can just groom you over to a different fiber on your street and hopefully alleviate it. Unless it is somewhere further upstream in which case they have even bigger problems they need to solve, and I'm sure you're not the only one complaining.

When I had a primary (personal) and a secondary (work) ISP, I just setup both routers in the same subnet (with unique IP addresses of course). I would then just switch my default gateway to whichever one I wanted to use.
That is the only practical way i found. Thank you

Notes_230920_140759.jpg

ISP 1: 192.168.100.1 DMZ TO 100.4
ISP 2: 192.168.100.2 DMZ TO 100.4
ASUS: 192.168.100.4 (WAN)

So changing a number in the asus gateway i automatically change ISP keeping the port rules.

I'm happy with this solution. Thank you people

View attachment 53166
ISP 1: 192.168.100.1 DMZ TO 100.4
ISP 2: 192.168.100.2 DMZ TO 100.4
ASUS: 192.168.100.4 (WAN)

So changing a number in the asus gateway i automatically change ISP keeping the port rules.

I'm happy with this solution. Thank you people

Not pretty but it works 🙂

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!