What's new

Two ISPs, one PC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

64t0

New Around Here
I just read about link teaming, and I was wondering...

I have two Motorola Canopy antennas from the same ISP I'd like to use on my current XP setup. I have an integrated LAN interface, and two PCI NICs. The integrated interface connects to a switch for my LAN, and each of the PCI NICs connects to a Canopy antenna - I'd like to use one for downloading, and the other one for online games. Is that possible in XP? Since the connections can't be aggregated, is it possible to isolate specific applications to use a specific NIC/antenna? :confused:

not on windows xp it will only look for wan on one network adapter, on vista and server 08 you are able to use 2 or more adapters to access say a lan and a wan but not 2 wan's on vista only svr 08.
some security/network appliances are able to use dual wan via ip and port fowards.

why do you want dual wan maybe there is a different way we can get you what you want?

I just read about link teaming, and I was wondering...

I have two Motorola Canopy antennas from the same ISP I'd like to use on my current XP setup. I have an integrated LAN interface, and two PCI NICs. The integrated interface connects to a switch for my LAN, and each of the PCI NICs connects to a Canopy antenna - I'd like to use one for downloading, and the other one for online games. Is that possible in XP? Since the connections can't be aggregated, is it possible to isolate specific applications to use a specific NIC/antenna? :confused:

Sound slike your best option is a dual WAN router. Look at the Zywall USG100, Sonicall TZ100, etc..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!