What's new

Ubiquiti passive PoE Adapters - 100 or 1000 Mbps?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paradise

Occasional Visitor
I want to buy a Ubiquiti AP and need to decide between the UAP-AC-LR and UAP-AC-PRO.
The LR is 24V Passive PoE but has a 1GB NIC?
Are the Ubiquiti adapters some kind of special or does it mean i only have a Fast Ethernet connection to my switch?

The LR is cheaper uses less power and i like the long range.
But maybe the range of the Pro is enough?
I have only experience with consumer routers and here in our german brick house with reinforced concrete ceilings the range with them is poor.

I already wrote the APs have 1GB NICs.
But passive normally is only 100 because the power is transferred over the free cables that are not in use on fast Ethernet. If you can only power the AP over the NIC and there adapters are not special then the 1GB NIC is useless and i have a 450/867 Mbps AC AP connected with only 100 Mbps to my switch.

https://www.ubnt.com/accessories/poe-adapters/

Last edited:
I already wrote the APs have 1GB NICs.
But passive normally is only 100 because the power is transferred over the free cables that are not in use on fast Ethernet. If you can only power the AP over the NIC and there adapters are not special then the 1GB NIC is useless and i have a 450/867 Mbps AC AP connected with only 100 Mbps to my switch.

https://www.ubnt.com/accessories/poe-adapters/

I have two AC PRO's using the PoE adpaters (read Power Over Ethernet) , connected at 1000 Mbps, connected to two different Ubiquity ERX SFP's in switch mode. Check you cable or switch / switch port.

Last edited:
I now how to connect a PoE asapter...
Is my english so bad that you don't understand what I'm talking about?
Passive PoE is only 100Mbps!!

I have only experience with consumer routers and here in our german brick house with reinforced concrete ceilings the range with them is poor.

Might not help much - as the clients will still have the same problem trying to punch thru those stoutly built walls and ceilings - AP is only one side of the equation, the client is the other...

I now how to connect a PoE asapter...
Is my english so bad that you don't understand what I'm talking about?
Passive PoE is only 100Mbps!!

If you use the adapters that its in the box you got 1000Mbps if you use 2 of AC PRO.
You cant use a PoE Switch they have different V LR 24V PRO have 48V

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!