What's new

Ugrading RT-AC68U from Merlin 380.65 to 384.17?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Peter_B

New Around Here
Hi all,

it's been a while since I updated the firmware on my router. It's an RT-AC68U that is currently running Merlin 380.65.

Is the update to 384.17 straightforward? Or does it require a factory reset etc?

Thanks

Update to 384.17, then factory reset and reconfigure afterwards. Don't restore from a backup either.

Ah, so a reset is required?

I'll have to save/make note of the current settings then so I can re-enter them by hand afterwards.

Thanks

Go for the rset that is a big jump in FW

@Peter_B I suggest you save your notes but do not necessarily re-enter them (even by hand) afterward.

Many changes since that firmware was released, to what is normal now for an up-to-date network/router. 'Blindly' putting in old settings just because they worked so long ago doesn't make sense.

I suggest having a look at the M&M Config guide found in the link in my signature below and use those best practice 'defaults' to begin with. Add anything you need one feature at a time making sure you are testing at each step (including a reboot of the router and the clients too) to ensure all is working as you expect and need.

Welcome to 2020! :)

HTH.