What's new

uiDivStats uiDivStats 3.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

if you're comfortable editing the script and remembering any time you update it will be overwritten, yes
I forgot to say thank you for all of your hard work on these various projects. It is much appreciated. I was able to alter the Report Time in Diversion that is more to my schedule. Can you tell me where the script is located for UiDivStats? I looked earlier and I was unable to find it.

How can I missed this... Updated during the day and first DB table indexing is done. All good.
Code:
Jun 17 00:03:00 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Trimming records entries from database...
Jun 17 00:03:05 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Record trimming complete
Jun 17 00:03:05 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: First optimise, this will take a while!
Jun 17 00:03:08 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Checking database table indexes...
Jun 17 00:06:36 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Database index checks complete
Jun 17 00:06:37 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Running nightly database analysis and optimisation...
Jun 17 00:06:48 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Database analysis and optimisation complete
Jun 17 00:06:49 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Starting stat full refresh
Jun 17 00:08:09 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully

Last edited:
Has anyone run into problems following this upgrade?
No problems during the upgrade I can attribute to uiDivStats - though diversion logging seems to have been in a weird state from a few days before for some reason so had to reboot the router to get that going again.

Big thank you for the domain filter you've added too - that works well and actually allows me to see what is going on now rather than what one noisy device is up to. Quick question on the expected behaviour though - it seems to only take effect when a diversion stats run happens (took me a while to figure out why it wasn't making a difference to the charts after saving the setting). Is that the expected behaviour? (And yes, I may be completely misjudging how/when I thought the UI queried the DB when I ask that! :D)

How can I missed this... Updated during the day and first DB table indexing is done. All good.
Code:
Jun 17 00:03:00 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Trimming records entries from database...
Jun 17 00:03:05 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Record trimming complete
Jun 17 00:03:05 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: First optimise, this will take a while!
Jun 17 00:03:08 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Checking database table indexes...
Jun 17 00:06:36 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Database index checks complete
Jun 17 00:06:37 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Running nightly database analysis and optimisation...
Jun 17 00:06:48 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Database analysis and optimisation complete
Jun 17 00:06:49 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Starting stat full refresh
Jun 17 00:08:09 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully

is this maintenance log supposed to be shown after the upgrade? updated to v3.x a couple of days back but have yet to seen the maintenance logs reflected; assume the maintenance has not happened at all?

is this maintenance log supposed to be shown after the upgrade? updated to v3.x a couple of days back but have yet to seen the maintenance logs reflected; assume the maintenance has not happened at all?
The trimming/optimisation log is in the syslog once a day. Do you have this in the cronjob
Code:
1 0 * * * /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats trimdb #uiDivStats_trim#

That is what I see in syslog when I did the update.
Code:
Jun 16 09:16:20 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: New version of uiDivStats available - updating to v3.0.0
Jun 16 09:16:21 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: New version of uidivstats_www.asp downloaded
Jun 16 09:16:21 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Mounting uiDivStats WebUI page as user6.asp
Jun 16 09:16:28 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: New version of taildns.tar.gz downloaded
Jun 16 09:16:29 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: uiDivStats successfully updated

The difference in hourly stats update is now there is a start in the log
before
Code:
Jun 16 09:01:25 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
after
Code:
Jun 16 22:00:01 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Starting stat update
Jun 16 22:00:33 RT-AC86U-DBA8 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully

You should see the log entries every night

No problems during the upgrade I can attribute to uiDivStats - though diversion logging seems to have been in a weird state from a few days before for some reason so had to reboot the router to get that going again.

Big thank you for the domain filter you've added too - that works well and actually allows me to see what is going on now rather than what one noisy device is up to. Quick question on the expected behaviour though - it seems to only take effect when a diversion stats run happens (took me a while to figure out why it wasn't making a difference to the charts after saving the setting). Is that the expected behaviour? (And yes, I may be completely misjudging how/when I thought the UI queried the DB when I ask that! :D)
thats intended behaviour at the moment, as a stat refresh can take longer on some models. wanted to keep the save process quick

I recently installed uiDivStats and am curious about how it deals with IPv6 reporting. Looking at the Query log, for the clients I just see the first 4 groups (e.g. 2a02:c7f:1234:abcd:) so if I need to see where the query originated I need to go to the dnsmasq.log. Is there a way to see the querying client directly from uiDivStats?

Also looking a the weekly stats, for The top 10 noisiest name clients: and Top 10 domains for top 10 clients:, are these looking a the ipv4 traffic only are they also looking at and adjusting for the ipv6 traffic from the same devices?

I recently installed uiDivStats and am curious about how it deals with IPv6 reporting. Looking at the Query log, for the clients I just see the first 4 groups (e.g. 2a02:c7f:1234:abcd:) so if I need to see where the query originated I need to go to the dnsmasq.log. Is there a way to see the querying client directly from uiDivStats?

Also looking a the weekly stats, for The top 10 noisiest name clients: and Top 10 domains for top 10 clients:, are these looking a the ipv4 traffic only are they also looking at and adjusting for the ipv6 traffic from the same devices?
i dont have a way of testing ipv6, but I believe the charts/stats are ignorant to the protocol version

My diversion stats don't show in the GUI and I have them turned on in Diversion and get a weekly email.
Haven't seen them in a couple of months after router replacement.
Anyone have any ideas why?

My diversion stats don't show in the GUI and I have them turned on in Diversion and get a weekly email.
Haven't seen them in a couple of months after router replacement.
Anyone have any ideas why?
if you run option 1 at cli do you get any errors?

if you run option 1 at cli do you get any errors?
no, I got:

Choose an option: 1

Starting stat update

Stats updated successfully

Press enter to continue...

no, I got:

Starting stat update

I had this issue several moons ago - and it got fixed by running option "uf" in uiDivStats to force an update to the script.
Worth a try as it does no harm [afaik] - and with a browser cache refresh the stats showed up right away in webui.

no, I got:

Starting stat update

Ok, please check the contents of /jffs/addons/uiDivStats.d and /opt/share/uiDivStats.d

Particularly looking for the csv directory and of they contain data

Ok, please check the contents of /jffs/addons/uiDivStats.d and /opt/share/uiDivStats.d

Particularly looking for the csv directory and of they contain data
There's not one in jffs but is in opt:

Attachments

• uidivstats_d-csv.PNG
    uidivstats_d-csv.PNG
    329.3 KB · Views: 80
  • uidivstats.d.PNG
    uidivstats.d.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 79
I had this issue several moons ago - and it got fixed by running option "uf" in uiDivStats to force an update to the script.
Worth a try as it does no harm [afaik] - and with a browser cache refresh the stats showed up right away in webui.
I tried it, nothing yet.

ok so the csvs exist, thats good. in your web browser, on the uiDivStats page, press F12 and take a screenshot of any errors listed please
I had cleared the cache, but I didn't see any errors. Not real sure what to look for.
1625409593500.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!