What's new

uiDivStats uiDivStats development version compatible with Diversion 5.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

314eter

Occasional Visitor
You can test uiDivStats 3.1.0 if you already have it installed by running
Bash:
uiDivStats develop
Or if you don't have an older version installed
Bash:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/uiDivStats/develop/uiDivStats.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats && /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats install

WARNING: This is a development version, so it may cause issues or fail to upgrade.

Please report any issues you encounter here.

Last edited:
How long should it take for the database schema to upgrade? It's been sat like that for 5 minutes in amtm.

Selection_004.png

You can test uiDivStats 3.1.0 by running
Bash:
uiDivStats develop
Or if you don't have an older version installed
Bash:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/uiDivStats/develop/uiDivStats.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats && /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats install

Please report any issues you encounter here.
Welcome and thanks for your involvment of bringing uiDivStats up to speed.

How long should it take for the database schema to upgrade? It's been sat like that for 5 minutes in amtm.

View attachment 55493
That depends on the size of your database. But since it has to recreate the complete table, it can take a while. It took only a minute for me, but my database was only 50M.

Can you check the size of your database with du -h /opt/share/uiDivStats.d/dnsqueries.db when it's done, to get an idea of what to expect?

In yhat ca
That depends on the size of your database. But since it has to recreate the complete table, it can take a while. It took only a minute for me, but my database was only 50M.

Can you check the size of your database with du -h /opt/share/uiDivStats.d/dnsqueries.db when it's done, to get an idea of what to expect?
Then I have a serious problem as the database is still upgrading but the file is only 12kB

EDIT: How do I uninstall this? I can't invoke the script in amtm as I get the database warning, even after a reboot.

Last edited:
I had uninstalled uiDivStats when I upgraded to Diversion 5.0. I installed uiDisStats 3.1.0 from scratch on four (4) different routers, and everything looks good so far — a lot of good info in a useful format. Thanks!

installed with no errors. appears to be working. thanks!

Last edited:
@Ripshod Did you have uiDivStats installed before? I think there's a bug in the script that will indefinitely try to upgrade the database if the database file is missing, but I'm not sure how that can happen. Which commands did you run to upgrade?

@Ripshod Did you have uiDivStats installed before? I think there's a bug in the script that will indefinitely try to upgrade the database if the database file is missing, but I'm not sure how that can happen. Which commands did you run to upgrade?
Thanks. I sorted it though.
I deleted the script and the folder in /shares/ then reinstalled. Running fine now. Can I suggest you remove the "uidivstats develop" advice as that suggests an upgrade from the previous version, or at least a warning? My fault, I should have removed the old version ages ago.

Thanks. I sorted it though.
I deleted the script and the folder in /shares/ then reinstalled. Running fine now. Can I suggest you remove the "uidivstats develop" advice as that suggests an upgrade from the previous version, or at least a warning? My fault, I should have removed the old version ages ago.
Running uiDivStats develop should work to upgrade from a previous version, assuming the database file is still there. The upgrade script doesn't check that right now (I'm fixing that), and can end up in an infinite loop.

My assumption is that you did have an older version of uiDivStats installed, but didn't have the old database file in /opt/share/uiDivStats.d/dnsqueries.db anymore. Can that be correct?

Sorry to jump in but ....
Getting same problem after running '/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats uninstall' then deleting all directories associated with uidivstats that are left, to enable 'Clean' install.
Install from scratch using your install command line works.
Appears to be working from the added tab in the GUI.
Select J5 from AMTM and the 'Upgrading database schema, this will take a while!' message appears and stays with no end !!!???

Help !!!! :)

My assumption is that you did have an older version of uiDivStats installed, but didn't have the old database file in /opt/share/uiDivStats.d/dnsqueries.db anymore. Can that be correct?
Incorrect. The old dnsmasq.db file was still there from 30th December - when I installed Diversion 5 and uiDivStats was automatically disabled. I never uninstalled uiDivStats.

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in but ....
Getting same problem after running '/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats uninstall' then deleting all directories associated with uidivstats that are left, to enable 'Clean' install.
Install from scratch using your install command line works.
Appears to be working from the added tab in the GUI.
Select J5 from AMTM and the 'Upgrading database schema, this will take a while!' message appears and stays with no end !!!???

Help !!!! :)
To confirm, you deleted the /opt/shares/uiDivStats.d/ folder? And you rebooted before installing again?

Complete install from command line (not previously installed), all appears to be working fine. The return of an old friend!

Type 65 seems to now show as HTTPS, interesting…….

To confirm, you deleted the /opt/shares/uiDivStats.d/ folder? And you rebooted before installing again?
Yes, I did delete the folder and did reboot.

I did find the .newallowed file was needed and created it myself :)
[Was not sure where it came from !!!???]

Did 'Clean' install again from scratch and the .newallowed file allowed the J5 AMTM option to run OK.

:)

Complete install from command line (not previously installed), all appears to be working fine. The return of an old friend!

Type 65 seems to now show as HTTPS, interesting…….
DNS resource record type 65 is now known as HTTPS .... apparently !!!
It threw me at first !!!
[ See ---> rfc9460 PDF ]
:)

DNS resource record type 65 is now known as HTTPS .... apparently !!!
That's the case since dnsmasq 2.87 and newer, which is included in asuswrt-merlin since 388.2. But the uiDivStats filters should still be updated.

Also upgraded from an existing install.
Database upgrade took a couple of minutes (but less than 5).
Fully working again.

Thank you very much!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!