What's new

uiDivStats uiDivStats development version compatible with Diversion 5.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

We have to find a way to prevent the .lan nonsense on the router.
The router is already blocking the query, as I assume .lan is the poster’s lan_domain and therefore a local=/lan/ directive would already exist in dnsmasq.conf. I don’t think you can alter the client behavior to retry by appending the local domain to the query, except perhaps by unsettling the lan_domain on the router.

It might come back to excluding blocked hosts from the stats if they end with the
lan_domain.

NXDOMAIN remains the sole blocking method in Diversion. Using the NULL method would negate the complete overhaul of Diverson I did over the past 7 months. We have to find a way to prevent the .lan nonsense on the router.
Suggestions are very velcome :)
I don't know if this will work, (I do not get *.lan queries !!!) ....

in dnsmasq.conf.add set the following:

ignore-address=0.0.0.0/32
address=/*.lan/#
local=/*.lan/

1st line ignores null addresses
2nd line forces *.lan domains to return 0.0.0.0 ..... can also be just /lan/ both work to produce 0.0.0.0
3rd line ensures dnsmasq 'pre-2.86' behaviour

See '-address' section in ... https://dnsmasq.org/docs/dnsmasq-man.html

It might come back to excluding blocked hosts from the stats if they end with the
I agree, it‘s just a cosmetically annoying new feature.
Would the WAN setting "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" set to no fix that? I have not checked but it might do the trick?

I agree, it‘s just a cosmetically annoying new feature.
Would the WAN setting "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" set to no fix that? I have not checked but it might do the trick?
I don’t think so. Instead of getting a “config NXDOMAIN” you would actually be forwarding the junk query upstream and getting an upstream NXDOMAIN.

EDIT: it should be “no” by default. My comment above is if it gets set to yes.

Last edited:
I don’t think so. Instead of getting a “config NXDOMAIN” you would actually be forwarding the junk query upstream and getting an upstream NXDOMAIN.

EDIT: it should be “no” by default. My comment above is if it gets set to yes.
It is "Yes" by default AFAIK. I set mine to No in my routers. Maybe "No" is the new default in newer firmware versions but it did used to be set to "Yes".

It is "Yes" by default AFAIK. I set mine to No in my routers. Maybe "No" is the new default in newer firmware versions but it did used to be set to "Yes".
I don't see the ".lan" behavior. "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" is NOT enabled, and I don't specify a Domain Name on the main LAN tab. A local=/lan/ entry does NOT exist in dnsmasq.conf.

Just installed this using the bash cmd. Didn't have it installed and is working without any issues from what I can tell.

IS there a way to get the query log to show device names instead of IPs?

Installed the Beta and the 1st step upgrading database schema has taken probably 2 hours. It's now working on Creating data table indexes.... Router web page response is slow.

What is a normal size for the udivstats db? I ran (du -h /opt/share/uiDivStats.d/dnsqueries.db) and mine is 17.9G. Is there a way to clean it up, maintenance etc?

What is a normal size for the udivstats db? I ran (du -h /opt/share/uiDivStats.d/dnsqueries.db) and mine is 17.9G. Is there a way to clean it up, maintenance etc?
Should be much smaller than that. Remarkably mine was also 17.9GB and I had the exact same issue.
Read this thread from the beginning, you'll find the answer.

For anyone else with the Large DB who tried the upgrade path which is taking a long time to update (hours).

Control-C the update job
Then uninstall with this "/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats uninstall"
Then run the full install from the 1st post. "/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/uiDivStats/develop/uiDivStats.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats && /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats install"

After that it should be working.

For anyone else with the Large DB who tried the upgrade path which is taking a long time to update (hours).

Control-C the update job
Then uninstall with this "/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats uninstall"
Then run the full install from the 1st post. "/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/uiDivStats/develop/uiDivStats.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats && /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats install"

After that it should be working.
I tried the above but my install stuck at this below:

###################################################################
## ##
## _ _____ _ _____ _ _ ##
## (_)| __ \ (_) / ____|| | | | ##
## _ _ _ | | | | _ __ __| (___ | |_ __ _ | |_ ___ ##
## | | | || || | | || |\ \ / / \___ \ | __|/ _ || __|/ __| ##
## | |_| || || |__| || | \ V / ____) || |_| (_| || |_ \__ \ ##
## \__,_||_||_____/ |_| \_/ |_____/ \__|\__,_| \__||___/ ##
## ##
## v3.1.0 on RT-AX88U ##
## ##
## https://github.com/jackyaz/uiDivStats ##
## ##
###################################################################

Welcome to uiDivStats v3.1.0, a script by JackYaz

Checking your router meets the requirements for uiDivStats

Downloading https://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/Packages.gz

[and it just stop/stuck here]

found the issue ... i had skynet blocking certain countries IP address ranges.
I had to manually white-listed bin.entware.net

The latest development version will migrate the old data in the background at night, so it should cause less issues.

So this is stil development? When trying to install via AMTM it doesn't show which version it's going to install (which might be so for most scripts?)

Github's page shows release 2021 ... I'll look more into it later, but this whole statistics thing is actually and idea I had and wanted to post about, only to figure out now it already exists, very good!

So this is stil development? When trying to install via AMTM it doesn't show which version it's going to install (which might be so for most scripts?)

Github's page shows release 2021 ... I'll look more into it later, but this whole statistics thing is actually and idea I had and wanted to post about, only to figure out now it already exists, very good!
If you don't already have the old version installed you have to install with the "curl" command through ssh. It's not available through amtm.
Bash:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/uiDivStats/develop/uiDivStats.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats && /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats install
If you do have the old version already installed it's
Bash:
uiDivStats develop

Last edited:
If you don't already have the old version installed you have to install with the "curl" command through ssh. It's not available through amtm.
Bash:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/uiDivStats/develop/uiDivStats.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats && /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats install
If you do have the old version already installed it's
Bash:
uiDivStats develop

You mean the "new/dev version" isn't available through amtm? I read through this thread before posting so I'm aware of some of the background but not everything.

Because the uiDivStats is "available" with j5 for me, I just didn't hit confirm to install and exited. I guess either it errors out or that's the old version, right?

I ofcourse didn't want to mess with anything yet until I'm sure what to do, so I don't end up doing more work than necessary.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!