What's new

uiScribe uiScribe - Custom System Log page for "scribed" logs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it possible to do something so that in addition to the current log, one more previous is shown in the web interface?
Perhaps, but what do you mean "one more previous"? UiScribe is going to show you the current logs created by scribe, which will be periodically rotated and archived so they don't get too large to handle. Do you mean those? Or do you mean something from before the router was last booted?

Perhaps, but what do you mean "one more previous"? UiScribe is going to show you the current logs created by scribe, which will be periodically rotated and archived so they don't get too large to handle. Do you mean those? Or do you mean something from before the router was last booted?
I just don't like that when logrotate archives the log, it shows a blank in the web interface. Well, or the last few lines. It would be convenient if the current log and one previous one were shown there, so the log will never be empty.
For example, to show first openvpn.log.1 and after openvpn.log (as I understand it, .1 will always be the last archived log. )
I do not know how to do that.
I just went through archiving and in the log instead of text I have:
Log file will display here. If you are seeing this message,it means the log file cannot be loaded.
Please check your USB to check the /opt/var/log directory exists.

Last edited:
I think the proposed solution might not address the actual problem. That message will frequently show when UIscribe needs to be restarted. I don't know why exactly, but try that and see if the display comes back.

If that doesn't address your issue, then you can include in your logrotate configs a prerotate script to copy the log file before it is rotated, giving it a *.log name. Then it will show up in its own section of the webgui.

I think the proposed solution might not address the actual problem. That message will frequently show when UIscribe needs to be restarted. I don't know why exactly, but try that and see if the display comes back.
In my case, it is quite correctly empty, after logrotate archived the log, the current log gets empty, which is why this message is shown

If that doesn't address your issue, then you can include in your logrotate configs a prerotate script to copy the log file before it is rotated, giving it a *.log name. Then it will show up in its own section of the webgui.

Thank you. I'll try.

Is there a way to clear the logs (i.e. delete the logs on server so it starts logging from that point forward) in uiScribe?

Old thread but need some help.

I see more and more scripts going to give some errors in the logs due to firmware upgrades or entware updates or simply the script is not maintained anymore. I’m trying to look for a custom filter for the Kernel errors. Just Kernel in general. I have no experience with nano but may be doable for a dev. The kernel errors for dcd are already there but the crash filter doesn’t work for: Diversion stats. To my knowledge the errors doesn’t give a performance hit. So, to cover it all. Just Kernel. Or is it so simple to make a script in nano like 1.2.3.?

Tnx!

It's pretty easy--just follow the examples.

What scripts are pushing out errors?

It's pretty easy--just follow the examples.

What scripts are pushing out errors?

ATM i have 3 instances that go haywire,: uiDivStats, ( is know by the dig command error) YazDHCP and an tryout project with Plex Media Serv. They all give the same error kernel: CPU: ...Tainted: P. Flooding my logs. It's the same error as the DCD crash. I already deleted uiDivStats and YazDHCP. And plex will be removed as well. But then i tried uiScribe but couldn't find an example of the 3. I tried some editing with the examples but didn't work. If i can have a script to catch KERNEL. then i think its done with the error logs.

program("Kernel") should do it. There are some filters in the examples that combine that with something else, because trapping all kernel messages is sort of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

You're totally right Elorimer, kernel errors hiding. BTW i had to look that on up "The baby" 😄 Anyway. its more a "shout" for help, not only do i see "noise" due to the complexity of the new builds by RMerlin or maintaining the scripts by the devs. Some of us have the "noise" with scripts that once was working without it. If something is making a lot of noise. Me, I just want to get rid of it or gladly see it fixed/maintained.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!