What's new

Unable to access Router from local IP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

armsAC3100

Regular Contributor
I have an AC3100 running version 384.12. This morning I attempted to login in to router. The AC3100 login page displayed correctly and I entered my user / password. It went to 192.168.x.x and displayed a blank screen. After waiting a minute it was still blank. Everything on the router network was working fine, just not the GUI. I was able to access using SSH and router responded normally. I did do an HTTP restart, but no change.

I did a Power cycle of the router and all is back to normal. Nothing abnormal in the system log. The last entry was a normal daily "In-a-dyn version 2.5 -- Dynamic DNS update client." entry from yesterday.

As a side question is there an SSH command that I can force a full reboot?

This is the only problem I have seen since installing 384.12 several weeks ago.
Thanks, Al

I did a Power cycle of the router and all is back to normal. Nothing abnormal in the system log. The last entry was a normal daily "In-a-dyn version 2.5 -- Dynamic DNS update client." entry from yesterday.
Could be that the built in web server crashed. Use this in the terminal to restart:
Code:
service restart_httpd

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!