What's new

Unable to set lan mac address on RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Palanivelrajan

New Around Here
I got a new AC88u router yesterday. The first thing i did was install asus-merlin latest firmare. (384.17).

My internet provided will work only with a specific mac address. Before this router i had a AC68u router and the way i setup the access address is

Code:
#!/bin/sh

nvram set et0macaddr=88:71:B1:XX:XX:XX
nvram commit
reboot

exit 0

I got this from the forum sometime back. This did not work for RT-AC88U. So i searched around and found that RT-AC88U did not have et0macaddr, so i tried this one.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

ATT_MACADDR=88:71:B1:XX:XX:XX

nvram set et0macaddr=$ATT_MACADDR
nvram set et1macaddr=$ATT_MACADDR
nvram set et2macaddr=$ATT_MACADDR
nvram set lan_hwaddr=$ATT_MACADDR
nvram set 0:macaddr=$ATT_MACADDR
nvram set label_mac=$ATT_MACADDR
nvram set wan0_hwaddr=$ATT_MACADDR
nvram commit
reboot

exit 0

After doing this, the updated MAC show in the UI. But rebooting the router sets it back to the original mac addess that came with the asus device. Basically my changes are reset to default after a reboot. Do you know the correct way to set the mac address?

By the way, i also tried to set the mac address in WAN setting. That does not work either.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 3.15.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 3.15.47 PM.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 263
Hey. My bad. The WAN Mac address option in the UI worked. Sorry for the false alarm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!