What's new

Unbound Unbound whitelist googleads

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

junn0

Occasional Visitor
Is there a way to whitelist googleads using unbound in an Asus Ax88u router? Thanks for any advice!

Is there a way to whitelist googleads using unbound in an Asus Ax88u router? Thanks for any advice!
Are you using Diversion and/or Skynet? If so, that’s where you’d be whitelisting googleads, not Unbound, which is just a lookup service, it can’t perform sny blocking functions, so far as I know.

And, why, when most of us eagerly block googleads, do you need to let it through? (Or perhaps you meant to type blacklist instead of whitelist?)

Thank you for your reply!

I am using Skynet + unbound. I have tried whitelisting the www.googleadservices.com from Skynet and rebooted my router afterwards but no effect.

The reason why I want to whitelist googleads (even though I know it can lead to malicious links) is that I have an annoyed family member who can't click on the ads that they want to see when doing online shopping.

Have tried to reason but to no avail. Hence, my query.

Thank you for your reply!

I am using Skynet + unbound. I have tried whitelisting the www.googleadservices.com from Skynet and rebooted my router afterwards but no effect.

The reason why I want to whitelist googleads (even though I know it can lead to malicious links) is that I have an annoyed family member who can't click on the ads that they want to see when doing online shopping.

Have tried to reason but to no avail. Hence, my query.
Code:
unbound_manager advanced
3 = Advanced Tools
ea = Edit Ad Block Allowlist (eb=Blocklist; eca=Config-AllowSites; ecb=Config-BlockSites; el {Ad Block file})
<add the domain(s) you want to whitelist, one per line, save, exit, voila>

I don't use Skynet, but that's how I whitelisted slice.io stuff that my kids' school needs to access.