What's new

Uninstall entware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,

could someone give me an advice how i could uninstall entware?

Greetings from Germany

If that is the only goal: format the drive. :)

If you have more details to share, we can do the same. ;)

If you no longer use Diversion or Pixelserv, you can manually edit these files to remove the entware startup code, but be sure you really don’t need entware anymore.
  • /jffs/scripts/services-start
  • /jffs/scripts/services-stop
  • /jffs/scripts/post-mount

Hi, is there no more elegant way?
Is Diversion installed? Use the Uninstall function in d. Since Diversion likely installed Entware it can also remove it.

If not and no other scripts are used, just format the jffs. There's an option to do so in the WebUI in Administration/System.
After rebooting Entware will no longer be loaded and you can remove the "entware" folder on your attached USB device.

Ok, got it. That means for me, that entware and my fire tv sticks have difficulties. In my special way, with entware installed, bubbleupnp can't see the sticks as a renderer. Without entware, all works fine.

Ok, got it. That means for me, that entware and my fire tv sticks have difficulties. In my special way, with entware installed, bubbleupnp can't see the sticks as a renderer. Without entware, all works fine.

All Entware is is a software repo. Entware in itself has no impact on your LAN, what you install through it does.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!