What's new

Unload unnecessary drivers from AsusWrt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

White_Knight

Regular Contributor
Good day SNB Users and Merlin!

Sorry if that question show you stupid or may be off topic.
But could you support and teach , how i can trace which of the drivers in system take in my device and unload them if it possible.
Thanks!

Good day SNB Users and Merlin!

Sorry if that question show you stupid or may be off topic.
But could you support and teach , how i can trace which of the drivers in system take in my device and unload them if it possible.
Thanks!
Don't even try, I would say. If possible at all it will give you no benefits at all. Only issues.

I solve my problem with device detection.
I try to unload 2 mods:
Option and usbserial
After this my usb device is detected and not busy state.
PS. I am not faced with any additional issues after remove that modules.
Thanks for your reply !

Please close this topic.

Last edited:
Some people have been killing/unloading unnecessary daemons and kernel drivers on start-up.

For example, I personally don't run USB printers nor USB modems (i.e. attaching Huawei dongles, android phones etc to the router's usb port). So people could have the following lines in e.g. /jffs/scripts/services-start:

Code:
for M in qmi_wwan cdc_mbim asix cdc_wdm cdc_ncm usblp rndis_host cdc_ether usbnet
do
    rmmod $M
done

It unloads junk which isn't needed by some users. Save precious kernel space memory.

Why not?

Some people have been killing/unloading unnecessary daemons and kernel drivers on start-up.

For example, I personally don't run USB printers nor USB modems (i.e. attaching Huawei dongles, android phones etc to the router's usb port). So people could have the following lines in e.g. /jffs/scripts/services-start:

Code:
for M in qmi_wwan cdc_mbim asix cdc_wdm cdc_ncm usblp rndis_host cdc_ether usbnet
do
    rmmod $M
done

It unloads junk which isn't needed by some users. Save precious kernel space memory.

Why not?

I saved about 5 Mb not a big difference since i have 250mb in total , can be handy if you need more ram free later

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!