What's new

Untangle Version 10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
Anybody installed Untangle version 10? It looks like it takes a fresh install. I don’t want to undertake the change and have problems. I am running Untangle as a transparent bridge and I don’t have a spare server to test on so I am waiting for good reports.

As it stands...yes it's a fresh install, there currently is no upgrade path.
It is an entirely new OS platform. Like upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 8...there is no "migration/upgrade".

Some users have reported success in importing some individual module exports. Version 9.4 will continue to be supported for quite a while.

There are a few power users in Untangles forums which might come up with their own migration utility.....never know.

I'm psyched about finally being able to support tagged VLANs. We're doing some cool setups with the Ubiquiti Unifi APs and multiple VLANs.

Looks like I may have a window next week to install Untangle version 10. I am having my 60th birthday party down at the coast later this week. My wife has rented a big house on the water for my kids and grand kids. I have a lot to get ready so no computer changes right now.

I will let you know how the change over to version 10 works. Hopefully it will be real smooth.

VLANs will probably be a good thing but quiet frankly I have worked around no VLAN support in Untangle for so many years that I will have to think about it for a while.

@coxhaus, happy bday. ;)

Question - do those of you that use Untangle at home pay the $8xx list annual subscription price for the 11-50 clients size? Or are there resellers or other discounts out there that sell it less then full retail?

You can run Untangle light for free at home. It works great. I don't pay anything, I just run the free stuff.

Well I installed Untangle version 10. It was much easier to install with the GUI interface. The only problem I had was after downloading the free version; I ended up installing the paid Premium version. I had to remove the paid modules from the rack. There is only one Untangle version. The free version is the Lite version which does not include all the features of the paid version.