What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hitwomanforrent

New Around Here
Is there anyway to update an AiMesh node's firmware over wan? I manage my parent's wifi over wan, and am able to update the main router just fine, but I'm not sure how to update the firmware of a node remotely. Every time I try to upload the firmware, it tries to access the node's management via it's local ip which obviously doesn't work remotely. Is there any way I could update the node? The node is a RT-AX58U running merlin 386.5.

Sure. But you should connect to the router using a VPN. Should be able to upgrade the node firmware from the router Administration - Firmware Upgrade tab.
Or have Teamviewer running on a PC inside the folks LAN. Control that PC just like you are sitting there, log into the router and upgrade the nodes.

Sure. But you should connect to the router using a VPN. Should be able to upgrade the node firmware from the router Administration - Firmware Upgrade tab.
Or have Teamviewer running on a PC inside the folks LAN. Control that PC just like you are sitting there, log into the router and upgrade the nodes.
The VPN worked. Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!