What's new

Entware update available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

heysoundude

Part of the Furniture
a quick check of available updates in amtm indicated a list of entware updates.
I've performed them, and will post any issues I run across here. fingers crossed that this is the sole post for this thread.

All went good for me upgrading. Only tick off was any of the /opt/etc/init.d/s* files that were edited by me for specific reasons were overwritten with default files.

Also, since wireguard was in the update list, the wg-up, wg-down, and wg-server scripts in /opt/etc/wireguard were nuked. Thankfully, I backup all that stuff. Was expecting it to happen.

Thanks for the update. The entware updates seem to be the "nail-biters" for our amtm community. I see a lot of updates coming this time.

Syslog-ng is updated to .31, but as near as I can see it does not introduce issues for scribe.

Updated my installed Entware modules this morning and the whole USB drive when down with tons of error message. Had to reformat the JFFS and USB drive and start over. Anyone else having issues with the latest Entware updates?

Updated my installed Entware modules this morning and the whole USB drive when down with tons of error message. Had to reformat the JFFS and USB drive and start over. Anyone else having issues with the latest Entware updates?
Your drive would have been faulty before.

Your drive would have been faulty before.
Strange, never experienced that before. I check this drive frequently and there weren't any errors in the disk check log. It's a USB attached SSD drive.

The entware update stopped unbound for me. Just updated unbound and all is good. No issues once I restarted unbound!

yes, I had an issue with unbound after performing this update as well (there was an unbound component, IIRC) and may have mistakenly attributed slow/failing DNS lookups to amtm rather than unbound.
reboot fixed all...

Same issue and solution as reported by Kingp1n.

Yes, reboot required for unbound,otherwise no internet.