What's new

Solved Updated from 384.19 to 386.3_2, can't access WebUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zuikkis

New Around Here
Hi!

I have one RT-AC86U and three RT-AC66U_B1, running in AiMesh configuration. RT-AC86U is the main router.

I was previously running AsusWRT-Merlin 384.19 on the RT-AC86U. I thought it would be good idea to update it to latest, 386.3_2.

After update, the router is working and AiMesh is working, but I can't access the WebUI interface. I have tried clearing web browser cache, and tried to use private window etc. Also I noticed there is some database change in 386 series which might take a while to convert, but it has been almost three hours now and WebUI still doesn't work.

It asks for username and password and after that simply nothing. It keeps loading the page for perhaps 10 minutes until it finally timeouts.

I can ssh into the router and everything seems to be in order, except for one weird thing. I thought I'd check if there something wrong with nvram settings, but "nvram show" command will never return. It doesn't print anything, just sits there until I cancel with ctrl-c.

But how is it possible that the router is working at all if nvram is "stuck" somehow? Isn't that where all the settings are stored?

Router really is working 100% except for the WebUI. I have one OpenVPN connection configured in the router (to attach my Linode server to my LAN) and even that comes up normally. DHCP and nameserver are working, etc. AiMesh is working. I have USB memory stick that is used for swap etc, and that shows up as correctly in /mnt...

You have to wait up to a few hours for a database update when going between those release levels. It's mentioned in the release notes.

You have to wait up to a few hours for a database update when going between those release levels. It's mentioned in the release notes.

It's three hours already, as I mentioned.

Is it normal that nvram isn't accessible during this database update?

Some people have reported that they had to leave it much longer than that.

I've never heard of anybody reporting that nvram issue (in any circumstance). It may be connected to the database update as that is a one-off procedure.

This morning my internet connection was down. Router still appeared to work otherwise, but WebUI was still down.

I rebooted it, and now it seems to be working. :) WebUI works again.

It probably did have some other issue than simple database update? But anyway it's now resolved.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!