What's new

Diversion Updating Diversion throws error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nicoletta

Occasional Visitor
My RT-AC68U with 384.19 FW and AMTM 3.1.8 has been working fine for a while and I've had no problem going in via PuTTY and updating scripts and whatnot (I only use Diversion and Skynet).

Recently when I was checking for a Diversion update it threw this error:

/opt/bin/diversion: /opt/share/diversion/file/functions.div: line 2046: syntax error: unexpected ")" (expecting "in")

If I check for an update on all scripts it stops shortly after and just hangs,
1605513513295.png

Trying the b command throws: "/opt/bin/diversion: /opt/share/diversion/file/functions.div: line 2) then returns to amtm"

Tring to uninstalls throws: "/opt/bin/diversion: /opt/share/diversion/file/functions.div: line 2046: syntax )"

Has anyone else faced this problem?

Last edited:
Open Diversion and enter 1233 and press Enter.
This re-downloads all Diversion files in use.

Open Diversion and enter 1233 and press Enter.
This re-downloads all Diversion files in use.

Thank you. That was successful but I am still facing errors around Entware related functions.

For example;
Show installed scripts and Entware packages locks up
forcing a Diversion update also locks up after "i Probing for Entware, ✔ Entware is already installed"

Thank you. That was successful but I am still facing errors around Entware related functions.

For example;
Show installed scripts and Entware packages locks up
forcing a Diversion update also locks up after "i Probing for Entware, ✔ Entware is already installed"
Looks like there are multiple file errors on yoir device. Since there is no standard way to reinstall Entware over an existing installation I suggest you format the drive and start new.

Cannot guess if it is 'required', but it is advisable (following the do it once and do it right theorem).

I think it likely that you had a wobbly USB flash stick on which Entware had been installed.
I would try without doing a factory reset on your router - but I would suggest you change the setting under Administration to format the JFFS on next reboot. You can then use amtm to install Diversion and let it install Entware for you.

Essential though that you re-format the USB drive in your desktop / laptop first - NTSC - then use AMTM to format it under EXT4 with journaling - all BEFORE you start install of Diversion.
As to cause - lots of things - power glitch [spike or drop] - not removing USB "safely" with webui "Eject" process etc