What's new

Updating from 386.3.2 to 386.4.0 fails - AX-GT11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kaputpug

Occasional Visitor
I've tried to update to the lastest firmware but it fails. I get a popup of applying settings and i'm kicked out to the login screen. Any ideas?

Power cycle off for a couple of minutes. Remove any USB devices and try again.

Update:

I've managed to install the 386.4 firmware via the restoration tool. However, the same problem persists in this firmware. I cannot update firmware via the GUI. Is anyone able to help me resolve this issue, please? Thanks

Same problem on my AC66U B1(from 386.2_6 to 386.4), there came a notice while uploading 386.4 firmware, but after I did these:

1) Factory Reset

('Ping 192.168.50.1 -t' was not working after factory reset, I never met this before)

2) Power off

3) Power on

4) Upload 386.4 firmware

I don't know why, but it works

Failed for me as well. RT-AC3100, was running 386.3.2. Tried 386.4, wouldn't let me in after it ran. Had to do a hard reset, flash to factory firmware, they back to 386.3.2, then reload settings. Tried twice, no go.

Try a different browser.

All that for a browser? Wow! I have Chome, Edge, Firefox and still have Internet Explorer, all current updates, what's the preference? I was using Chrome.
Thanks!!
Chrome is fine, I do all my testing and development in Chrome, but often the issue comes from an installed addon. Trying a different browser is the fastest way to work around it.

Same problem on my AC66U B1(from 386.2_6 to 386.4), there came a notice while uploading 386.4 firmware, but after I did these:

1) Factory Reset

('Ping 192.168.50.1 -t' was not working after factory reset, I never met this before)

2) Power off

3) Power on

4) Upload 386.4 firmware

I don't know why, but it works
After I restored it to 386.4 via the restoration tool I attempted to flash the stock firmware to see if the issue was sorted but it did the same as when I attempted previously. Something is not right as i cannot update via GUI
Try a different browser.

Try a different browser.
I was using chrome which is the browser i have always used. I've been using your firmware for many years now and have never had any issues. The only thing that has changed is me switching from the RT-AC5300 to the GT-AX11000 just a few days ago. As soon as i got the GT-AX11000 I installed Merlin on it and configured it to my liking. Never noticed an issue until the update was released. Is it possible my browser's history could be causing the issue?

Same problem here with AX86U. Nothing worked. Factory reset. Could not flash back nor could I go to the Asus official firmware. I used both Chrome, Edge and Opera. Cleared cache etc. The only thing that worked for me was upgrading through the browser on my android phone.

Same problem here with AX86U. Nothing worked. Factory reset. Could not flash back nor could I go to the Asus official firmware. I used both Chrome, Edge and Opera. Cleared cache etc. The only thing that worked for me was upgrading through the browser on my android phone.
You have the exact same issue as me. I could only flash the firmware using the restoration tool and even after flashing to the latest I still had the same issue. I attempted an install of the stock firmware just to test if it worked via the GUI and got the same result as before.

You could try incognito or privacy mode with your browser if the gui gives you trouble.
Chrome/Edge CTRL+ SHIFT + N
Firefox CTRL+ SHIFT + P

Incognito or privacy mode does not use old cache or cookies.

tried 2 different browsers, no luck.
I've never had a problem in the past, going back 4 or 5 years.
as it sits now, currently on 386.3.2 rock solid.

Can you tell more? How can an addon interfere?
Ad blocker preventing access to a router resource. Addon that modifies the page's DOM format. Who knows what everyone's addon may be doing to mess with the router's webui.

Same issue on an AC86U. Tried multiple browsers as well. The error is interesting...

"Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

signal-2022-01-03-124248_001.png

I've run in to the same issue with my RT-AX68U. I do have a USB drive attached so I unmounted it but had the same issue. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge with the same 'unsuccessful' result.

I've run in to the same issue with my RT-AX68U. I do have a USB drive attached so I unmounted it but had the same issue. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge with the same 'unsuccessful' result.
I still haven't resolved the issue. I set both my devices up and don't have time to retry. I just got the AX68U to use as a mesh node and attempted to flash the firmware. The same issue is present on that device as well.

Both my GT-AX11000 and RT-AX68U have the issue. I've tried different browsers I have no USB devices mounted. Still no luck. I had to update via the restoration tool. I'm not looking forward to having to do a complete setup again if I can't install a new firmware release.

Im not sure what the issue is as I haven't had this problem in the past. It's possibly an issue on my end but what is the big question.

Ill do more troubleshooting when the next firmware is released. I don't have it in me to set up both routers again lol. I'd suggest you try another PC and see if that sorts it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!