What's new

Upgrade from RT-AC1900P to?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's not entirely conclusive but the "SYNC Timing Synchronization failure" errors look a bit worrying to me. I would definitely reboot the modem in any case. But I'd also contact your ISP and say you're having connections problems. They may be able to detect a fault on their side.
Took your suggestion. Contacted my ISP. Wasn't overly impressed with the tech support but went along with it anyways. I was suggested to Reset the Cable Modem interestingly enough. So I did that and after it restarted and I got back logged into its GUI again, the modem's log was obviously much shorter and it didn't have the same errors as before. Only three entries in it still at this point, an hour and a half later (attached).
They've told me they think my internet drops may be the fault of the modem and not my router. I do have an old modem, a TP-Link TC7650, which I specifically bough at one point due to reviews that it's chipset had lower latency than other options.
Anyways, I've been asked to keep an eye on this for a couple days and if happens again where my internet is down while the modem and router both appear to still be up and running, I'm to call the ISP at that time before any devices being rebooted. We'll see, I guess. Could it be that the NVRAM thing isn't the problem after all? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• CableModemAfterReset.txt
    416 bytes · Views: 19
@michae1a1ee, don't be swayed by non-Asus router users' comments that try to undermine certain posts (over and over).

Not only is the statement wrong that 'a single AX class router didn't give better coverage than 2x AC class units (particularly in the case I linked for you)', but it is also known that a single router gives a better network experience than a wireless mesh setup. With regard to stability, and reliability.

If you're able to move the main/single router to the middle floor of your home, and you're sensitive to latency (and don't want to be dealing with client-node switching (mis)behavior, I'm sure you would find the RT-AX68U a beneficial purchase (let alone the GT-AX6000). Even for your modest ISP speeds (and maybe even because of them).

@michae1a1ee, don't be swayed by non-Asus router users' comments that try to undermine certain posts (over and over).

Not only is the statement wrong that 'a single AX class router didn't give better coverage than 2x AC class units (particularly in the case I linked for you)', but it is also known that a single router gives a better network experience than a wireless mesh setup. With regard to stability, and reliability.

If you're able to move the main/single router to the middle floor of your home, and you're sensitive to latency (and don't want to be dealing with client-node switching (mis)behavior, I'm sure you would find the RT-AX68U a beneficial purchase (let alone the GT-AX6000). Even for your modest ISP speeds (and maybe even because of them).

Neither answer is correct. In one situation, a single router will be far superior. In another, 10 access points set to a low power and positioned properly may be better (an extreme example and not likely in a home environment, but just making a point).

Personally I hate the consumer mesh setups because in reality it requires some knowledge and expertise to set up properly and almost always results in a unreliable experience for people who just toss them around the house out of the box. But when done properly a pair of APs (or more) can give a superior experience. I had an indoor AP, a front outdoor AP, and a rear outdoor AP, and had them tweaked to where they would roam just at the right time and the experience, with the exception of an occasional glitch, was pretty seamless. But it took a lot of tweaking to get there.

I thought AX would finally solve the seamless roaming problem, then AXe, and now even BE does not seem to have standardized anything. I'm starting to think it is a conspiracy.

My answers are correct. Your response proves my points.

Well I know you all have been waiting anxiously for this news <sarcasm> so an update:
It's been 24 hours now that my network has stayed up and running without a reboot; first time that has happened in a week. So it seems the modem reset and/or some combination of the scripts I ran on the RT-AC1900P have settled things down. Now, I need to settle down the upgrade bug. :)