What's new

Upgraded to BT Full Fibre but not seeing full bandwidth

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi. Sorry for the late reply on this. So I went ahead with your suggestions and can confirm that my trusty old AC68U is now ustilising the full 500 Mbit connection. Thank you for the tips, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Eventually I'll look into upgrading but unfortunately not at this moment. Thanks again.

I understand that .9 and .10 have issues with NVRAM as you mentioned. Could this be rectified in a potential .11 future firmware for the AC68U?

There is rumor that @RMerlin may release a "lite" version with less VPN configs (which use a lot of NVRAM). Don't know if or when, or if maybe a future release will find other NVRAM stuff to clear out.

If you don't have many custom client names or DHCP reservations you may be ok with .10, but it is very tight.

Is there something specific in the newer versions you need? 386.7_2 has been very stable for me and there are no known vulnerabilities, and the new versions aren't offering anything I need, so no reason to worry about it at this point.

There is rumor that @RMerlin may release a "lite" version with less VPN configs (which use a lot of NVRAM). Don't know if or when, or if maybe a future release will find other NVRAM stuff to clear out.
There has been Alpha firmware 386.11 version out since April 19th, 2023...
[ 386.11alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)
- CHANGED: Reduce max OpenVPN clients to 2 for RT-AC68U and DSL-AC68U due to lack of NVRAM on these two models.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!