What's new

Solved upnp throwing ConflictInMappingEntry even though port is free, target is local host

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

well, the error didn't say anything about wrong IP segment, it did not complain about incomplete config. Look at samba or nginx, which expects a solid config before starting, and it makes troubleshooting much easier. I did open the issue not sure if maintainer will accept it or not.

Secure mode can be disabled through the webui BTW. However I advise against it, as it is an important security feature of miniupnpd. One of the reasons why it never got affected by most of these UPnP security issues that appeared these past few months/years.

Secure mode can be disabled through the webui BTW. However I advise against it, as it is an important security feature of miniupnpd. One of the reasons why it never got affected by most of these UPnP security issues that appeared these past few months/years.
I am not disabling secure mode, but restricting allowed client to only one. I have two corporate issued laptops in household which have few software which tends to open way too many ports if allowed is list is default all local lan ( 192.168.23.1/255.255.255.0 in my case), my post conf updates that allowed list to raspberry pi's IP with 255.255.255.255 mask, thus restricting it to only one client.

PS> I finally got a reply from Merlin himself.. what a great day :)

When it's ready.