What's new

USB 3.0 Asus RT AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

michaels2408

Occasional Visitor
Good morning,
I have Asus merlin installed on my Asus RT AC3100. Everything runs nicely. Only issue I have ever noticed is the USB port always recognizes USB 3.0 devices as USB 2.0, even after having selected USB 3.0 setting in the Administration - System page. I have done some searches and found issues where 3.0 interferes with Wifi but nothing about my problem. This occurs in every setup I have tried; factory firmware, merlin firmware, multiple USB 3.0/3.1 flash drives. Any help wound be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

What firmware are you running, specifically?

After flashing that firmware, did you do a full reset to factory defaults and then followed that with a minimal and manual configuration of the router (and without importing old backup config files)?

I have done factory resets before and after flashing with no restored backups. Still always shows as USB 2.0 . Currently have a Sandisk 32gb USB 3.1 flash drive installed. Before that I had a Samsung USB 3.1 32gb flash drive. I guess it doesnt really matter, just wandered if there was something I am missing.

What are your specific steps? On what specific firmware?

Is there another brand/type USB drive you can try/test with? Do you format (on a PC) the USB drive before re-inserting it into the router?

Do you remove the USB drive(s) when flashing and resetting the router?

I have done factory resets before and after flashing with no restored backups. Still always shows as USB 2.0 . Currently have a Sandisk 32gb USB 3.1 flash drive installed. Before that I had a Samsung USB 3.1 32gb flash drive. I guess it doesnt really matter, just wandered if there was something I am missing.
I was having the same issue and found this thread researching it. I had the same issue. Here is what i found out. I was plugged into the rear usb port which is 2.0. I found out the 3.0 port is in the front behind a trap door on the left. I looked for that damn thing for three days. I hope this helps your issue

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!