What's new

Using AX-11000 2.5g port as traditional WAN/ LAN ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kashif Tasneem

Regular Contributor
Hi. AX-11000 contains a 2.5g WAN port. It's shape is different from traditional WAN/ LAN Port. Is there a convertor or something to use it for traditional WAN/ LAN? I have 2 internet connections. I have set them up on 1 WAN and 1 LAN port. As AX-11000 contains only 4 LAN ports, I was wondering if I can use 2.5g as normal WAN port to save one LAN port? How can I achieve this? Is there a cable having one side 2.5g connector and other side normal RJ45 connector?

0biwfvH.jpg

I think you can... It's a WAN / LAN port.
I saw a setting under Advanced Settings > WAN > Dual WAN, where you can set up the 2.5G port as the primary or secondary WAN.

As for the connection type, my standard Ugreen RJ45 CAT7 cable fits into that port...I haven't actually used it though since all my devices have max gigabit ports right now. I don't think you need a different connector or anything.

Last edited:
I think you can... It's a WAN / LAN port.
I saw a setting under Advanced Settings > WAN > Dual WAN, where you can set up the 2.5G port as the primary or secondary WAN.

As for the connection type, my standard Ugreen RJ45 CAT7 cable fits into that port...I haven't actually used it though since all my devices have max gigabit ports right now. I don't think you need a different connector or anything.

Thanks. You are right, normal RJ45 fit into it without any problem. How foolish of me not to try it before.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!