What's new

Verizon 5g home ARC-XCI55AX and lease time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hmmm.. have you Read The Friendly Manual that Asus so nicely included in the box??

That would be the right place to start.
Does this look right? I thought that fe80 is not real IPv6. Just trying to learn new things. ;-)
btw. IPv6 on the ARC-XCI55AX was disabled. So I would assume verizon did not want us to have it.

1657544592547.png

Mine does for WAN.
I thought you just said it didn't? But there was a typo in your statement ("does no show renew") so in retrospect it could be interpreted in two ways (not vs. now).

On my router there is no indication of a renew in the syslog unless you have a dhcpc-event script. It does show bound events though.

I thought you just said it didn't? But there was a typo in your statement ("does no show renew") so in retrospect it could be interpreted in two ways (not vs. now).

On my router there is no indication of a renew in the syslog unless you have a dhcpc-event script. It does show bound events though.
It does show the renewal. The problem is that Asus reports lease time at 1 minute. The log does not show it at 1-minute intervals. This is on ARC-XCI55AX. The ASQ modem had 2 hours of lease time for WAN and it would actually get a new IP every 2 hours.

It does show the renewal. The problem is that Asus reports lease time at 1 minute. The log does not show it at 1-minute intervals. This is on ARC-XCI55AX. The ASQ modem had 2 hours of lease time for WAN and it would actually get a new IP every 2 hours.
That's not what you said or showed earlier. It's not helped by most of your sentences being incoherent.

You said:
Interesting that the log from Asus does no show renew every minute
Jul 9 17:38:06 dhcp_client: bound xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/255.255.255.248 via xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx+1 for 60 seconds.

I'm wondering. Does your ARC's IP is the +1 from WAN IP? Mine is. This is very strange as my ASK(previous modem) had set IP of 192.168.0.1. My asus always had as 192.168.1.1
So can you quote the part of the Asus log that shows a renewal? What you showed above was a bound, not a renew.

i have a verizon arc-xci55ax in passthrough mode to a linksys router running freshtomato. it also shows 1 minute lease time on the freshtomato status page. i can watch the lease timer count down and renew every minute. this is a factor in network performance and seems to favor reconnection vs sustained connection. this might be important for cellular clients that have geographic mobility, but i'm not sure why it would be a good thing for non-mobile clients.

so my question - has anyone figured out a way to change the DHCP lease time offered by the arc-xci55ax? i'm wondering if this is specific to passthrough mode?

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!