What's new

Release Version ASUS GT-AXE16000 Firmware 3.0.0.4.388.23012 (2023/04/19)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I agree, but this is not the case…..

And this firmware is ok but its not free of problems

And no one is bashing a company routers from Asus are not burning cpus like motherboards or something like that lol.

Iam still going to buy Asus, of your needs are met thats fine great for you.

Best regards

Well i made the switch to the Dream router and i must say... for a 2 year old router, its was way ahead of its time. maybe the software back then was crappy but with its recent updates. Wow.

The networking aspect is awesome. I finally seeing why its constantly sold out.

still, no freaking update bringing the features that are on all others routers.................

Yes, not 'on all other routers', by a long shot.

It's the holidays, kick back and enjoy!

I have axe16000. I would like tontry vlan.
In current firmware it's not available
Just to be sure I asked asus support.
" I want a vlan future. Please tell me if I'm right. I have 3 options:
  1. Wait for a future firmware update that supports VLANs.
  2. Install the beta firmware,
  3. Install Asuswrt-Merlin custom firmware. (I read that Asus accept this firmware if the router failure wasn't caused during the update)
"
I was informed that I have only two options. 1 and 2.
Asus support informed me that merlin installation will void the warranty.
I believe that I read on this forum that asus is OK with merlin but I can't find this post so I may be wrong.
I wonder... Could asus have different warranty policy in Poland?

You can always flash Asus WRT on top of Merlin and do a factory reset to make sure no settings leak in between.
Of course Asus won't support Merlin so warranty is void on that ground. So no configuration troubleshooting from Asus while running Merlin.
But if you have a hardware problems, they will obey the warranty. It's just a bit of care from you if you need to RMA the device.

Flashing Asuswrt-Merlin does NOT void your warranty.

Tell that to Asus
It depends on who you talk to. A level 1 tech support wouldn't know the answer, and would improvise.

A few months ago, a few of my users got bricked routers due to a faulty CFE update Asus had provided me. Taiwan HQ told me to have these users request an RMA and that they would be taken care of.

Asus' HQ answer is definitely more reliable there than a level 1 tech support's opinion.

And here it is! Finally, after 8 months of nothing.
Asus AXE16000
Nice!
But am I missing something or there is no vlan in the changelog?
P. S.
From stock firmware do I need to do a clean install? And if yes. Is it reset + install or install + reset?
I have only one vpn profile configured and custom dns setup

3.0.0.4.xxx level firmware will have no VLANs.

If you're just a firmware or two behind, you shouldn't need to do a full reset.

But, if you do, it is install the firmware you want to use first, then do the reset.

But am I missing something...

This new firmware is still 3.0.0.4 base. The Pro firmware with VLANs is 3.0.0.6 base. Official release is not available for this model yet.

Pathetic that after running a beta for over a year, they cant still release 3.0.0.6 firmware. Says a lot about the competence of Asus firmware developers.

Come on, now. WiFi7 is being more-actively worked on, and established stuff generally works well-enough, safely-enough.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!