What's new

Release Version ASUS GT-AXE16000 Firmware 3.0.0.4.388.23012 (2023/04/19)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i dont think Ubiquiti and Asus are on the same page, they are not direct competitors...

i allways bought Asus and i like it simple and reliable, problem is i buy the top and the top is allways left behind iam thinking of the new GT98 pro only becouse of more cpu power for my 10gb conection but i think for what iam seeing its gona be a cluster storm....

we pay premium and get low end treatment, and mid range or low range models get premium suport.... and thats great, thats the way to go but premium models should also get the same treatment

i dont think Ubiquiti and Asus are on the same page, they are not direct competitors...

i allways bought Asus and i like it simple and reliable, problem is i buy the top and the top is allways left behind iam thinking of the new GT98 pro only becouse of more cpu power for my 10gb conection but i think for what iam seeing its gona be a cluster storm....

we pay premium and get low end treatment, and mid range or low range models get premium suport.... and thats great, thats the way to go but premium models should also get the same treatment
Totally agree

I know Ubiquiti and Asus aren't competitors, but improvement and innovation seems to be on the forefront of Ubiquiti's roadmap. I know they aren't perfect but i would expect ASUS to be in this category also

I have seen in another forum, or it could be here that updates are also slow on the Wifi 7 models.

I wish ASUS actually paid attention to some of these forums.

Totally agree

I know Ubiquiti and Asus aren't competitors, but improvement and innovation seems to be on the forefront of Ubiquiti's roadmap. I know they aren't perfect but i would expect ASUS to be in this category also

I have seen in another forum, or it could be here that updates are also slow on the Wifi 7 models.

I wish ASUS actually paid attention to some of these forums.

They do or they did, there was a beta release channel here from Asus (it died) and you have merlin here that give its great support and new features, but there is limits for what he can do and he needs asus firmwares that are getting i dont say worse but diferent dunno whats happenning

Paying top dollar for 'elite' models doesn't mean they will get top support. Rather, the opposite. Asus will deploy resources that will affect the vast majority, rather than a small slice of their customer base.

The top-of-the-line models aren't marketed with superior support, after all. That's a different market segment altogether.

For many months now, Asus has been working on getting 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware out for all their currently supported models. That is where their focus is. They obviously feel that the models they are leaving alone (for now) should be stable enough for normal use. The ones that need attention have been given updates.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I would be patient.

If one can't be patient, for whatever reason, sell and jump ship. Although I know that is the wrong move, today.

Paying top dollar for 'elite' models doesn't mean they will get top support. Rather, the opposite. Asus will deploy resources that will affect the vast majority, rather than a small slice of their customer base.

The top-of-the-line models aren't marketed with superior support, after all. That's a different market segment altogether.

For many months now, Asus has been working on getting 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware out for all their currently supported models. That is where their focus is. They obviously feel that the models they are leaving alone (for now) should be stable enough for normal use. The ones that need attention have been given updates.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I would be patient.

If one can't be patient, for whatever reason, sell and jump ship. Although I know that is the wrong move, today.
Why would you say that's the wrong move?

Curious to know, seems you're defending their lack of support for the small "elite" user based as you indicated. Paying $700 for router to get one or two updates for the year "just saying" is poor.

They are not being pressured.

Especially, simple Vlan segmentation which was introduced in the last couple betas. Imagine a cheaper business centric router has better firmware than top "elite" tier.

Why is it the 'wrong move' to ditch Asus today? For consumer routers, Asus stands head and shoulders above any other manufacturer right now and for the last decade. I don't see this changing much in the foreseeable future.

I'm not defending their lack of support. I'm saying I understand why it is happening. And, that is assuming that support is lacking in the first place. As I stated, Asus is issuing firmware updates for the models that need it.

Everyone is pressured today. Resources aren't never-ending. Priorities need to be made. And stuck to. Like every other manufacturer, Asus is doing what it needs to keep the vast majority of its customers happy, while also building/working/moving towards the future.

Not hard to imagine a new model with better features. That's called progress, and par for the course.

When consumers start defending wrong choices from big brands…..

Asus is wrong, and if ppl stand by it Will only be worse for every one and every model, not only on routers but every asus product.

Nothing is being defended here. Trying to share some common information (from these forums).

How is Asus wrong? Do you think you can run their business better?

Vote with your wallet. As does everyone else.

I don't live in dreams. Reality sometimes bites, but we learn to get through it.

If we're having this exact situation a few years from now, and RMerlin-supported routers aren't a thing (then), I may agree with your position.

Today, patience is the name of the game. Because I don't throw away good money for worse products (i.e. from any other consumer router manufacturer, today).

But if you want to stand by your words, you should.

Nothing is being defended here. Trying to share some common information (from these forums).

How is Asus wrong? Do you think you can run their business better?

Vote with your wallet. As does everyone else.

I don't live in dreams. Reality sometimes bites, but we learn to get through it.

If we're having this exact situation a few years from now, and RMerlin-supported routers aren't a thing (then), I may agree with your position.

Today, patience is the name of the game. Because I don't throw away good money for worse products (i.e. from any other consumer router manufacturer, today).

But if you want to stand by your words, you should.
You missunderstand, iam not saying you in specific, asus overall is doing alot of bad decisions not on this department only, iam not going to change i like the products, i am only complaining they should not rush products out the gt98 is clear Mess be98 then be98 pro diference 25gb to 30gb, and feels like be98 Will be dead on arrival and low support for be98 pro, this firmware is solid so its ok, but they should be more in envolved again with customers the subforum here is dead no reply no updates etc.

Last edited:
You missunderstand, iam not saying you in specific, asus overall is doing alot of bad decisions not on this department only, iam not going to change i like the products, i am only complaining they should not rush products out the gt98 is clear Mess gt98 then gt98 pro diference 25gb to 30gb, and feels like gt98 Will be dead on arrival and low support for gr98pro, this firmware is solid so its ok, but they should be more in envolved again with customers the subforum here is dead no reply no updates etc.
It's BE98 and BE98 Pro. Stop confusing everyone lol.
BE98 is dead Before arrival and I think it might not even be released

Such a shame that GT-AXE16000, GT-AX6000, GT-AX11000 Pro and RT-AX88U Pro will be short lived products and all the efforts will be concentrated towards Wifi7 offerings hence forth.

But you dont need to do factory reset only that,

But hard reset from time to time does not harm or if power of the router for a minute or two

What is "widraw?
Sorry withdraw in the privacy tab you should have one or two instances

Related to trend micro and ddns

Sorry english is not my main language

If all one is looking for are "new features" then that's one thing. If one is looking for a higher-end consumer router that is reasonably stable and has a feature set that fills your needs that's another. I have an AIMesh setup with a GT-AXE16000 and three AX86U nodes. I'm on a 5gig AT&T fiber connection. My system is stable and throughput is good. I do not care about "new features" coming out every month or so. I want a stable wifi network for my home, and that is what I've got. Asus has been working on a new release for the 16000. It'll be out when it's out and that's fine with me. I'd much rather have a stable release at longer intervals than buggy, problematic releases every few weeks. If you like constant fiddling with your system that's great...there are other firmwares available that are more hobbyist-oriented. I'm not about bashing a company for supplying a product that meets my needs and many others' needs. As always YMMV.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!