What's new

VLAN not propagating to specific port on GS108T

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DominikHoffmann

Occasional Visitor
I have a Netgate 1100 internet gateway. One of its ports is connected with a GS108PEv3, which powers three EnGenius WiFi access points and has a downstream GS108T connected to it. I cannot get connectivity on the configured port of the GS108T with a particular VLAN in use on the rest of my network. What am I missing?

Let me present the details. The OPT port on the Netgate 1100, to which the GS108PEv3 is connected, is tagged with VLAN IDs 5 and 6. The GS108PEv3’s Port 8, which connects to the Netgate 1100, as well as Ports 2–5 are tagged with VLAN IDs 5 and 6:

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 7.25.04 PM.png

Ports 2–4 connect to the access points, and Port 5 connects to the GS108T’s Port 2. The GS108T is configured like this:

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 7.23.21 PM.png

Is it correct to configure Port 6, where I want to plug in my laptop as “U?” I take it to mean that the “U” strips VLAN tag with the ID 5, which my laptop would not be able to be configured to do on its own.

Just so the untagged regular network does not leak through to port 6, I have configured VLAN ID 1 like this:

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 7.36.29 PM.png

The other configuration pages on the VLAN tab are set up like this:

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 7.37.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 7.37.33 PM.png

Is there anything wrong with these?

Can you be a bit more specific on what you are trying to achieve?