What's new

Voxel Voxel's firmware for Orbi RBK50 system

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'll say a bit later. Thank you all.

@goeste, @devblue and others.

I am willing to add another 1/3 if we can get another user to add.

i would like to invest. i‘d give 1/3 as well.

FYI: I would prefer to stay independent person. If I would accept some especially targeted donations it means that I have the obligations to complete the work.

Currently I am expecting to get an Orbi RBK 50 parcel from another source. No your donations are needed. Your posts and efforts are appreciated.

P.S.
Please do not expect very fast release of Orbi FW from me. There are a lot of "to do" there.

Voxel.

Last edited:
Thanks to W1lliam for his donation. But:

1. This unit is still expensive. Cost with delivery to my place in my approximate estimation is more than USD500.
2. I do prefer to use rather new unit but not renewed/repaired. Reason is obvious: unit was already failed so I should spend a lot of time to understand why it is not working, because of my software or because of its hardware failure.
3. I am ready to add the money from our fund but let it be, say, $150. For a unit I do not need for my own usage...

P.S.
There was RBK50 in my city shops, now they are over, more than half of years...

Voxel.

If the decision is moving forward on RBK50 and still short of funds, I would do another donation.
PS. No obligation is bound with the donation, it would be done for general purpose.

I tried the latest Voxel firmware on my RBR50 router and RBS50 satellite and ended up with a soft brick on both units. I had a flashing white light that changed to a pulsing white light but no connectivity or response to the unit. I was able to recover (and I will post the steps I took below in case it helps any one else) but I am trying to understand what happened. I flashed the Voxel over the Netgear 2.7.0.70 stock version. Did I need to be on a lesser stock version to get it to work? I basically did a factory reset and then flashed the firmware via the Netgear interface. Any ideas of what to try would be welcome. My goal is to use Wireguard on this unit.

Here are the steps I took to unbrick my router and satellite. I took a while to figure out the magic so hopefully this helps someone else.

1. I powered off the unit
2. I pushed the factory reset button with the power off
3. Holding down the factory reset button, I powered on the unit. The green led by the power button flashed orange (not the led on top of the unit)
4. I kept the factory reset button pressed for about 10 seconds until I saw a quick green flash of the power led and then back to orange
5. I let the factory reset button go and the orange power led kept flashing (if the orange stops flashing you let the reset button go to early)
6. With the orange led flashing, I was able to flash a new image using TFTP by following the instructions here: https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

Happy flashing (routers, not people)!

I have read that folks have had problems going from Netgear 2.7.0.70 to Voxel 9.2.5.2.5.2 Folks have had to install stock 2.5.2.4 first and then install Voxel.

2.7 was a complete disaster for me. Could not get it to be stable. Before I installed Voxel, I downgraded to Netgear 2.5.2.4 first, then Voxel. Worked for me.

hi guys ,,
tried searching cant find a how to put voxels firmware on orbi ,,i have downloaded the latest RBK50-V9.2.5.2.5.2SF-HW and there are 2 files inside ,, any help on how to flash ,, i have the orbi rbr50 with 2 satellites ,,, thanks for any help jimmmy

hi guys ,,
tried searching cant find a how to put voxels firmware on orbi ,,i have downloaded the latest RBK50-V9.2.5.2.5.2SF-HW and there are 2 files inside ,, any help on how to flash ,, i have the orbi rbr50 with 2 satellites ,,, thanks for any help jimmmy
Unpack these files and use Advanced tab: Administration->Firmware Update->Manual Update from RBR WebGUI. Selecting rbr firmware for RBR router and rbs firmware for Satellite(s).

Voxel.

Unpack these files and use Advanced tab: Administration->Firmware Update->Manual Update from RBR WebGUI. Selecting rbr firmware for RBR router and rbs firmware for Satellite(s).

Voxel.
thanks voxel ,, didnt notice the rbr and rbs lol,, ,,all went smooth thanks m8

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!