What's new

VPN and ASUS RT-AX88U w Trend Micro Protection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

slackrl

New Around Here
Hello to all New to the SNB Forum

Questions to the Community
ASUS RT-AX88u VPN and Trend Micro Protection
Current Firmware updated

1st things 1st... I know a VPN is to hide:
1. Your IP Address
2. Your Geo-Location
3. Your Traffic
4. Your VPN Usage *(Maybe)
So the point is to hide you, but let you go anywhere on the web.
Now that I can go anywhere, which anyone can do without a VPN, just not hidden.

For me, The question of protection filtering must come into play.
At the moment I'm using ExpressVPN on a month's trial.
Using a web filter i.e. OpenDNS has worked in the past.
Combining the two would work for me.
And yes I know This would break the privacy of a VPN.
OpenDNS will know the domains visited on my network.
*ExpressVPN will already know the domains visited on my network.

I need to protect my little ones while they are on the web. Web savvy is not their forte.
Yes I could build my own VPN but I do not want to be the one constantly updating
and blocking the bad sites when OpenDNS or Trend Micro `router protection software has a team doing that part.

With all that said.....
Q. Is any one using a VPN in conjunction with Trend Micro's AiProtection?
Q. Is any one using a VPN in conjunction with OpenDNS?
Q. If so how do you have it setup?

Suggestions welcomed.

slackrl

A VPN can do your 1, 2, 3, 4, list but it can't do it from everyone. Someone will always know what you're doing online.

You can configure what you are asking for. Just don't think you're really safe though.

A VPN can do your 1, 2, 3, 4, list but it can't do it from everyone. Someone will always know what you're doing online.
That is my understanding also.
You can configure what you are asking for.......
That's what I need how to configure it.
Just don't think you're really safe though.
....Just as much as possible...What can be said when everyone walks around with a camera/listening device on their person.:)

Thanks for the post.

slackrl

Not even with Skynet?

Not even with Skynet?
I don't use Skynet but as far as I know the only AiProtection feature that it supports is the importing of hosts that have previously been detected by the router's AiProtection (banaiprotect). If most of the router's traffic is being routed through the VPN this list is likely to be empty (check the AiProtection stats). Skynet can't leverage any of the other features of AiProtection.

I don't use Skynet but as far as I know the only AiProtection feature that it supports is the importing of hosts that have previously been detected by the router's AiProtection (banaiprotect). If most of the router's traffic is being routed through the VPN this list is likely to be empty (check the AiProtection stats). Skynet can't leverage any of the other features of AiProtection.
Thanks for the replies...... Still trying to wrap my head around the postings made so far.
slackrl