What's new

VPN Director not applying rules to right VPN profile

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So I happened to run into this issue. My VPN service only gives out local IPs in the 10.8.X.X or 10.7.X.X values.
Is there any way I can fix this for the time being? Anything I tell VPN Director to route through Client 2, gets routed through Client 1.

So I happened to run into this issue. My VPN service only gives out local IPs in the 10.8.X.X or 10.7.X.X values.
Is there any way I can fix this for the time being? Anything I tell VPN Director to route through Client 2, gets routed through Client 1.

Many times the OpenVPN provider will use different IP networks for UDP vs. TCP, even for the same server. That may be one way to avoid the ambiguity.

Many times the OpenVPN provider will use different IP networks for UDP vs. TCP, even for the same server. That may be one way to avoid the ambiguity.
Yeah but not my case, this is why I said, my provider (Nord) uses only 10.7.x.x and 10.8.x.x (10.7 is TCP, 10.8 is UDP)

Yeah but not my case, this is why I said, my provider (Nord) uses only 10.7.x.x and 10.8.x.x (10.7 is TCP, 10.8 is UDP)
It is not clear to me what your problem is. The original issue in this thread was where two VPN clients were using the same subnet. But in your case it looks like you can use two different subnets (10.7.0.x and 10.8.0.x )? Or do you want to use more than two VPN clients?

If you're also running a VPN server then check that its subnet is not causing a conflict. The default subnet for the first VPN server instance is also 10.8.0.x. So I had to change that because I also use NordVPN.