What's new

VPN privacy/dns leak/dns over tls diversion question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anything wrong with all these pics below

Attachments

• 20200101_093324.jpg
    20200101_093324.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 213
  • 20200101_093245.jpg
    20200101_093245.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 241
  • 20200101_093158.jpg
    20200101_093158.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 216
Set to strict pics added on bottom
Yes you can use NordVPN’s servers under “Connect to....automatically” setting changed to “No”. Or, you could use those from Cloudflare (1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1).

Choose your DOT setting to be “Strict”

Then further below choose the Cloudflare servers as your DOT servers (or any other ones on the pull down menu for that matter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you explain in layman's terms how to do this please?
First you would need the jffs.tar from before this happened and extract it. If you never saved this then there is no way it works for you. manually adding is the only option. When done I highly recommend enabling jffs and backing it up once finished playing with static addresses. Look under Administration>System tab for jffs settings and you can save jffs by looking at the Save/Restore/Update Tab.

Enable jffs support before entering your static addresses.

It is remembered just doesn't show in static it says already added to list.

Very odd perhaps fixing the host name you discussed will fix this how can I do that

Attachments

• 20200101_094512.jpg
    20200101_094512.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 175
It is remembered just doesn't show in static it says already added to list.
Ok sounds like you do need a reset to defaults. Capture your settings with screenshots of the pages you cannot memorize.

Dnssec added,anything else I missed

You could also add NordVPNs or Cloudflare’s servers under the WAN DNS section (change “Connect to....automatically” to No and then add them there).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before resetting to defaults load the dhcp page where the static addresses are stored and chose ctrl+f5 or shift+f5 and see if they magically appear.

If they don't I suspect that the conversion of the host names didn't work right and you will have to reset and reload manually.

If you are comfortable with SSH, login to the router command line and check:
Code:
cd /etc
cat hosts.dnsmasq
grep "^dhcp-host=" dnsmasq.conf

If they don't I suspect that the conversion of the host names didn't work right and you will have to reset and reload manually.
No dice I'll write down what I recall. Guess I need to reconfigure my router totally

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

I'll try this first

While you’re there run this to see if there’s any problem with the stored values:
Code:
nvram get dhcp_staticlist
nvram get dhcp_hostnames

While you’re there run this to see if there’s any problem with the stored values:
Code:
nvram get dhcp_staticlist
nvram get dhcp_hostnames
I'll be able to see this about 6 7 est today.

Thanks for your help dave