What's new

WAN aggregation on RT-AC5300 running Asuswrt-merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheScotsman

Occasional Visitor
I'm running Asuswrt-merlin 386.7_2 on my ASUS RT-AC5300, with the WAN currently provided by a Netgear CM1150V. Xfinity recently notified me that they upgraded the speed on our plan to 1.2Gbps and that the CM1150V doesn't support that speed; however, in looking at the specs the CM1150V ought to support up to 2Gbps if I enable link aggregation on it.

My question is - can I actually use that? I've seen a lot of forum references to using link aggregation on the LAN side (for NAS, etc.) but I haven't seen a clear indication of if/how WAN aggregation could be utilized with the RT-AC5300. Is this even possible?

According to the specs on the Asus website that router only supports Link Aggregation on the LAN, not the WAN.

Thanks Colin - I guess it's time to look for new hardware, but I'm not in a terrible rush over an extra .2Gbps that I may not even be able to utilize in our neighborhood. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!